PDA

View Full Version : What size enclosed lawncare trailer

LawnsRUsInc.
04-10-2004, 09:25 AM
I was going to go in and order a enclosed lawncare trailer but was himing and hawing about what size. I have a 16' open but i dont know if i want to bump up to an 18 what sizes do you guys like or use?

Jason

2k1yzfr1
04-10-2004, 09:41 AM
I have a 8x20 pace and like it. I think it's the same with any trailer no matter what size you buy you will need a bigger one.

BobR
04-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Have had 3 enclosed trailers (1) 7 X 12 - found it too small and the single axle did not have brakes... (2) 7 X 16 - nice trailer got crushed by a falling tree during a windstorm dual axle with brakes... (3) current trailer 7 X 14 - just right for me, I removed lots of options from the ruined trailer and put them into the 7 X 14 ... I am a one man show and will NEVER have employees all of my lawn toys fit with a bit of room to spare. Suggest you think of where your business is going and purchase the appropriate trailer for you.

BobR

PMLAWN
04-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I just bought a new Pace this year. They make a nice Summit for landscape work. IMO the most important size is the width. All you stuff is going to hang on the walls and if you try to get to the front to tie down or get something off your rack than it is really easy to hit your back. I had a 7x14 and went with an 8x16 and what a difference. The extra width is great. Also went with extra height, ( 6'6") so no more headaches. As far as how long, to each his own. What are you carrying, are you planning to grow in a year or two? A W/B and a Z will fit back to back in a 16 but if you have 3 than you will need a longer trailer. Where will you park it at the jobs. I have some jobs where an 18 would be very-very tight and a 20 would not work at all. Keep all this in mind. Also are you keeping your open. Maybe that could be used one day at you tighter sites. Hope this helps, Good luck.

Eric 1
04-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I suggest you look into a v nose, it makes them more aerodynamic and it gives you some free space. If i was to buy one it would be a 7x14 v nose dual axle with brakes.

LawnsRUsInc.
04-12-2004, 10:28 PM
thanks for the input. I have a 7x16 open know and we can fit a z, walkbehind and a pushmower and that is it. But i really only want 2 men on a crew so what is the need for fiting 3 mowers in large mowers in there. 8 foot sounds like a great idea. I just dont want too big of a trailer for the guys that work for me. Any brand name preferences.

wriken
04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
8.5x25 v-nose, I like it

BobR
04-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Love my Wells Cargo LS series.

BobR

PMLAWN
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Wells, Pace, Hallmark all make good stuff. More important is the model. All make a cheap one and a better one so go to a dealer and see what fits your needs. By the way my 7x14 had wheels outside the box and was 8'6" wide overall and my 8x16 has wheels in the box and is 5" less in width. Makes it easier to park at curbs. You can get a 7' with wheels in the box but now the floor is less than 6' wide at the wheel house. Something to think about.