PDA

View Full Version : Just a few pics of my 04 rig

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Just a few pics of my 04 rig.

Last year I had a big blue enclosed trailer with nose cone etc for a Z355 Toro and Walker 48''. As time didn't permit I had to go with quick and simple, important thing is this set up is great though looks plain....not even painted to my colours yet!

This is towed with a Toyota Landcruiser GXL diesel 4 x 4.

thanks.

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Another....this new mower is a Toro Z588E.
Trimmer is a Honda.
Blower is Stihl.
Edger is Atom.

No I don't have the amount of gear as a lot of you, I am a ride on service for acreage only, no landscaping etc.

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks for staying so far...

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 04:08 AM
The above air filter pre cleaner is a Donaldson, works great!

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 04:12 AM
The deck at this time is set up with mulch kit, the discharge block plate on this mower is apart of the mulch kit and can't be used as a poor man's OCDC...bummer, I'm the poor man! LOL!

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Last one....I'll show you the fancy mulch kit tomorrow after I remove it....prefer side discharging any day! The mulch kit isn't like most others, has kickers etc installed. Works great.

The Lawn Boy Pro
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Nice Caution Signs! I bet some people on this site dont even have cones, let alone signs for caution :p I like to the toro too :)

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks Loren,

to work near roads here it is the law, also helps slow buggers down! They just push into the ground with metal pins, very bright. The Toro...yeah, love that new toy.

Thanks for your reply mate :)

Eric 1
04-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey I like it.

But why did you get a open trailer if you already had an enclosed.

rookie03
04-12-2004, 02:38 PM
What year is your Landcruiser? Lets see a pic of your Toyota 4x4. A pic of it hooked up to the trailer would be cool too!

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Hi Eric and Rookie,

The cruiser is a '91 model, yes an oldie but a good model, bought it when I was farming, was the current model then still. Been very good to me, done a lot of work. I will get pics in a day or 2 of it and trailer now I finally got a digi camera.

Reason for the new open trailer is width mainly, and weight.
The enclosed which isn't here anymore was a 9 x 5 with nose cone as storage, the open is 6 x 12 off memory. The enclosed was great, heaps of sign writing, equipt. protection etc. but was heavy. Once I get signage on this trailer, paint job, it will look OK.

And, the old enclosed trailer was set up for smaller width mowers I had i.e, toro z355 and the walker, this new brute was too wide by 6 inches only, talk about bad luck...

Having a toilet in the enclosed trailer was handy, oh well:)

I'll get those pics for you soon.

Tony.

Lux Lawn
04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
TonyR
Nice looking set-up

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Here is a pic of the new trailer and cruiser, looks plain now but after I get the trailer painted, signage etc it will look good. My old trailer was dark ocean blue with white sign writing...

This was taken when I just bought the Z about 5 weeks ago.

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks Luxury Lawn, been a long project deciding whether to step up with a new 60'' and new trailer, costly exercise!

Envy Lawn Service
04-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Tonyr
Last one....I'll show you the fancy mulch kit tomorrow after I remove it....prefer side discharging any day! The mulch kit isn't like most others, has kickers etc installed. Works great.

Don't hold out on me. Where are the pics? So you are saying you don't like how the mulch kit works or what? How about that suspension seat? How do you like that one in particular?
THANKS

Tonyr
04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
Don't hold out on me. Where are the pics? So you are saying you don't like how the mulch kit works or what? How about that suspension seat? How do you like that one in particular?
THANKS

G'Day Envy,

pics of the mulch kit are a couple of hours away, I wanted to give the mower a service first.

The mulch kit...sorry, I gave you the wrong impression, the kit is magic, will mulch virtually anything, doesn't clog up due to the kickers directing air and clippings down then they are re cut etc. The kit is 2 baffle kits that are fitted under the deck, they are quite heavy shaped and the kickers are permanently fixed to these kits, they are really similar to most except heavier with kickers. hard to explain, I'll get the mulch kit out after lunch.

They bolt to the deck upper shell and the dividers are like others.

The adjustable flow control baffle used for side discharging is removed to install the mulch kit, unlike others that the kit is attached to them, this is what makes it a timely exercise.

The seat, I've only done 53 hours due to the wet weather but the seat has been faultless, very comfortable, works great with the adjustment feature.

Let me know if you want close ups of anything else on this mower, I don't mind takin' pics.

Tonyr
04-13-2004, 04:48 AM
This is the Mulch Kit for my new Toro.

What you see is in 2 sections, the view is as if you were under the deck looking up. Great mulch kit!

David Haggerty
04-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the pics. It sure looks like you went first class all the way.

Sorry to hear about that threaded holes in the deck business. it sure doesn't sound good. If you come up with a better system, let us know.

Dave

Tonyr
04-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Best I came up with is if wife helps by holding the other end of each section in place and puts a bolt in loosly while I then insert the rest and tighten, then guzzle more beer and move on :)

Seriously, 2 people and this is not too bad, 1 person....slow and trying, just need practice.

Need to get the deck up so I'm not under it, a gantry or something?

'night,

Envy Lawn Service
05-07-2004, 02:22 AM
Tony,

I find those kickers really interesting. I 'think' Scag has kickers like that but i'm pretty sure they are in a different position than those. that seems like a really strange location for the kickers. But I'm sure they did their homework on the air flow/clipping flow/cutting ability before bringing it to market.

My mulch baffle is similar to yours, less the kickers. Mine is heavy and bulky too. I put mine on by myself and it bolts on with about 10 bolts. But I won't say it isn't a chore to change out. Thankfully I hardly ever take it off.

Thanks for taking time to post the pics...

South Florida Lawns
06-28-2005, 09:07 PM
2 just wont do it. Where would that thing go anyway? I guess if you hit a pothole it might bounce out the top. But you would have to be going over a 100mph or kilometers.

J&R Landscaping
01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Looks good! How many hours on the Z-Master?

Lawnworks
01-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Nice Caution Signs! I bet some people on this site dont even have cones, let alone signs for caution :p I like to the toro too :)

lol heck no! I sure ain't paying my guys to keep up with some cones. If you can't see a big truck in the street, you shouldn't be driving!:p

What bout some prolockers? You seen prolockers south florida?

South Florida Lawns
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah I really like that Idea and once I get the floor in my sprayed with Line X I probably gonna install 2.

I hear you can get them for 4 wheelers too.

I love that Toro that Tony had, seen them cut 3 ft high grass and I couldn't even hear a change in engine speed.