PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best tractor for home use priced around $4000?

Doppelganger
04-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I am in the process of buying a new lawn tractor and I am looking to spend around $4000.00
The Simplicity Conquest seems like the best choice that I've seen. Are there any others that I should consider?
I mow 1.5 acres and want to do striping. Thanks!

lamarbur
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
are you in Belchertown MA? inquiring minds would like to know.

Doppelganger
04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes I am. Did you look at my profile, see me at a lawnshop, or do you know me from other forums? Please elaborate - inquiring minds would like to know.:D

lamarbur
04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Iuse ot live in Plamer and run through Belchertown now nad then.. NOt many towns called Belchertown. I am on several nets, plows, heavy equip and three different tractor nets.

lamarbur
04-12-2004, 09:39 PM
my mind must go a second faster than the fingers, previous post and the spelling is atrocious. Yes, I have a 41 HP tractor with detachable backhoe. I use my 3pts for hog mowing about 20 acres. Welded old Meyer plow tangs in bucket and use old 7 ft plow for 1600 ft driveway. Use to stay busy, almost daily with backhoes, now, very limited. In fact I haven't pulled the tractor out of it's shelter since last snow storm.

bhudson525
04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I would suggest a Walker Mower. There very reliable and you could find a used one for around 3,500 to 4,000 easy

Cuttin Grass For A Livin

SMenasco
04-14-2004, 03:08 PM
I am a homeowner, not a lawn professional. I have had two riding Hondas and just got rid of a 2000 model 16 hp Cub Cadet. I got tired of fighting the deck to clean, replace belts, sharpen blades. Just getting too old. So I looked around on the net and found the Country Clipper Jazee, the ZTR with joy stick and flip up deck. I liked the looks so well, I bought it. I've mowed with it for over a year and cannot understand why anyone would have anything but a ZTR. The joy stick is neat and the flip up deck is just great. There may be better equipment for commercial use, but this thing is built well and runs/mows great; 42" cut, 17 hp Kohler, around $4,000 new.

mowhigh
04-15-2004, 05:12 PM
SM, my friend has been demoing a 48" JAZee at his home all week and loves it. With the 42" deck, how far does it extend beyond the rear tires/front casters? If you removed the discharge chute and mulched, would you be able to trim on the right side or would the tire/caster interfere? The joystick steering felt strange at first, but after using it a couple of times I'm hooked! His yard has been mowed almost every day by neighbors wanting to try it (the dealer has been so busy selling the commercial CC Charger and Zeton that he still hasn't picked up the demo Jazee). Thanx for any info and good luck!

SMenasco
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
I can trim with the mulching kit with no interference. I plan to leave the kit on from now on. This thing is such a hoot to drive, I mow more than necessary. And since I found the Agri-Fab lawn sweeper, I don't mind the sweet gum balls anymore, since I get to drive my Clipper. My wife accuses me of wanting to take it to the cellar with us during tornado warnings. Acually, it really is built better than most of the neighbor ladies.

jrs mowing
04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I would get a Country Clipper jazee for the price & built to last...