pjslawncare/landscap
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
After with a 30' Bradford Pear in the bed

pjslawncare/landscap
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
It is a 89 model with turbo diesel

pjslawncare/landscap
04-15-2004, 10:43 AM
It was a lease trade out from some construction company. Drove 850 miles to pick her up and drive her home 60 mph all the way home. After cutting padlock off tool boxes I discovered 3 saws alls, 1 Sthil concrete saw and countles hand tools. Gave $2500 for her. Next mod will be a hoist

CT18fireman
04-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Those tools just about covered the cost of the truck huh?

Nice looking rig. Post another when you have it all set up.

soccerlawn
04-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Nice truck and your lucky getting those free tools. Good luck with it.

rookiemower
04-16-2004, 10:19 AM
paint the rims white and the hubs black it will look alot nicer

xcopterdoc
04-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Looks like a 1600 or 1800 series Int. Good trucks. Make sure you keep the coolant clean and add the correct additive to the coolant to keep it from messing up the cylinder sleeves. Clean oil and air filters are a MUST also.

pjslawncare/landscap
04-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Rookiemower, I was thinking of painting wheels grey to kinda match my other trucks, but not sure yet.
xcopterdoc, thanks for the heads up about the coolant. Yes it is a 1700 series. Only 84,000 miles on her.

selnoil
04-16-2004, 09:39 PM
I have that same chassis but mine is a 1900 series oil truck (red cab also). Just a couple cheap things that will dress it up a lot.
Go to your local international dealer and order the aluminum grill and headlight covers. Think mine were about $300 3 years ago. My rims are gray front and rear with chrome lug nut covers on the front and a chrome moon on the rear axle.

You will be amazed at how nice it will look. Its only a few hundred dollars and a half a days labor but your customers will think its a new truck!!! If you want to dress it even more put aluminum mirrors on it, a chrome bumper and pole makers on it and I know you'll turn heads. My trucks do, they may be old but they've still got a heart!! I love older trucks!! They are fun to clean up and get looking like new. I've got three oil trucks, 2 internationals (a 1977 1700 series and a 1989 1900 series) and a 1988 Ford L8000. I've got them all chromed up and keep the aluminum tanks polished. People and customers always ask if they are new and can't believe there age.

Good Luck!! If its got a DT466 engine in it, it will last forever.

Mike

GTLC
04-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Wow man! You are smoke all of those cheap Isuzu NPR's with landscaper bodies on the road. Finally, A REAL TRUCK

GTLC
04-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Sorry, you *will smoke

pjslawncare/landscap
04-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Hey selnoil, got any pictures of your 1900 with that grill. Sure like to see what that looks like. Image is important to me, thats why I always paint my new (used) trucks red rite when I get them. My customers always reconize them. I firmly beleive that if you reflect an image of shiny, good looking equipment, you make an ausome first impression. Then back that with quality & professional work and people are willing to spend good money for your services. I get more business from word of mouth than all the advertising money can buy.

rookiemower
04-16-2004, 11:16 PM
my dads trying to get rid of 6 alcoa rims, new, aluminum. brand new, they ordered them and put them on only to find out they needed four more(cant have steel on aluminum loosens lugs) so now they have been stitting in their garage for a year doing nothing

selnoil
04-17-2004, 08:50 AM
pjslawncare, sorry I don't have anything I can post. Havn't got a digital camera yet. Keep saying I'm going to so we can take pictures of jobs. Another possibility for your wheels are simulators for spoke wheels. Look them up at Virgo Nationwide, there web site is www.virgofleet.com. You would need simulators for spoke wheels!!! I've got a catalog here and they run about $297.00 per set of 2. I've been going to get a set for the front on our oil trucks. I will keep the rear painted with the moon. You see these simulators on a lot of fire trucks and rescues.

rookiemower, his truck has spoke wheels so the aluminum bud wheels will not work. It would be a huge expense to convert, believe me I've looked into it. Have your dad put them on ebay. Somebody will buy them for sure. Finding clean used aluminum wheels is not very common.