PDA

View Full Version : organic based combo products is their a need?

ChickensDoo
04-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Folks i am curious what your opinon's are for the need to have an organic based fertilizer with a conventional preemergt herbicide like dimension or barricade.
or an organic based fertilizer with a mach 2 or merit?

just curious how many are trying 100% chemical free programs, versus a combination of low active ingredient chemical products in their programs.

how about you turfproI asume you are in St louis too ?

TurfProSTL
04-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I think a product like Dimension (low AIA, highly soluble) would be a good fit on an organic-based fertilizer, if the cost was in line. I don't have the confidence in corn gluten's ability to effectively prevent crabgrass. I've used an organic - Dimension product in the past, but the cost was extremely prohibitive, $30-something a bag. Find me one priced in the low to mid twenties and I'm sold.

Mach 2 (non-poison, insect growth regulator) would have a definite place in an organic fertilizer-based program IMO.

TurfProSTL
04-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ChickensDoo
how about you turfproI asume you are in St louis too ?
:rolleyes: What tipped you off? The picture of the Arch? Or, my username? How about my location? :p

ChickensDoo
04-17-2004, 10:23 PM
:blush: Gee sorry turf wizard. I guess i was not very observant. i thought the initials behind turf pro were L. J. O.

my mistake. but you make good points about the products. especially mach 2 with organic base.
June timeframe for grub app coincides well with need for organic fertility.:eek:

Hamons
04-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I useda 15-1-10 50% organic this year with .1% dimension. It was way under $20. no tthe perfect product -- wopuld like to sree it bridged with another source of N other than urea -- but it was good enough product for SPring APp.

TurfProSTL
04-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hamons
I useda 15-1-10 50% organic this year with .1% dimension. It was way under $20. no tthe perfect product -- wopuld like to sree it bridged with another source of N other than urea -- but it was good enough product for SPring APp. What rate did you use? 6 lb/M?

ChickensDoo
04-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Hamons,
curious who is the manufacturer? @ what Quantity did you purchase to get that price?
I agree urea not the ideal choice i would prefer a. sulfate.
But i have seen similar products @ a much higher price than you paid.;)

Catmann
04-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Hmm,
Well MR. CHICKENSDOO I would argue Dimension is the product of choice and it would go well on and organic blend. Our market simply will not bear not having the option for this. At present our clientele are split about 60-20-20, 60% want organic with chemical crab control, 20% take corn gluten, and 20% take no pre-emergent.

Never used an organic fert with mach2 or merit because it is cumbersome to have made, but if it were available i would buy it (and sell it). :)))))))))

Hamons
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Sorry about no replies guys -- missed the update on this thread

I bnought it through my Prosource one dealer. It was manufactured by AWARD. I only purchased 40 bags.

I applied at 5.5#/m -- the program 2 rate on the label.