PDA

View Full Version : Spring Turkey Hunting


Arnold
04-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Anyone going this spring? We went up scouting today looks like we might have found a good spot. Going with Bow this year, wish me luck!!

Hawkeye5
04-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Good luck with the bow! Turkeys are tough enough with a shotgun. I've been to busy to go to the woods, but if we catch a rainy weekend I will go.:D

CamLand
04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
were going up in couple days to start looking for those Toms...

Southpaw
04-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Those wild turkeys are pretty smart ( or are they?). Many years ago, I convinced this pretty young girl to sneak off with me into the woods to smoke some........cigarettes and have a nip. We sat quietly so we wouldn't be noticed. A wild turkey flew down and sat right beside us until we freaked out and it flew away.

We had no bow or gun, just a butane lighter. They do make an awesome Sour Mash Bourbon though. 101 Baby, yeah, that's the ticket!

Charles
04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Oh sorry, I thought this was a W thread HAHAHAHA

CamLand
04-19-2004, 07:40 PM
well we are talking turkeys...

lawnman_scott
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Why is it hard to kill a bird when your the one with the gun? No im not against hunting, just have no intrest in it, but do eat my brothers venison.

dvmcmrhp52
04-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Watched 2 toms carrying on the other day while we were finishing up a french drain. Got me thinking about putting the cell phone away and getting the camo out.
Soon.............very soon.

Phishook
04-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Charles
Oh sorry, I thought this was a W thread HAHAHAHA

haha. If only he was as alert, as a Turkey.

Opens Wednesday here. Hard telling when I'll make it out.

jsr2741
04-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Got one last year, 21 1/2 lbs. Going this weekend, going to use the bow the first day and shotgun the next couple.

Good luck to the rest of you going.

crawdad
04-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
Why is it hard to kill a bird when your the one with the gun? No im not against hunting, just have no intrest in it, but do eat my brothers venison.

Why is it people who don't hunt think it's so easy? :confused:

Crawdad

CamLand
04-21-2004, 09:01 AM
because there food comes to them automatically on a plate,they don't get out there to enjoy the hunt,be one with nature.they would rather complain thats it's wrong to hunt while dicussing it over there prime rib and lobster...

Charles
04-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Phishook
haha. If only he was as alert, as a Turkey.

Opens Wednesday here. Hard telling when I'll make it out.

Least I dont got a s*** green tin can van HAHAHAHA

Frosty_03
04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Iwas up in KY this weekend and my brother-in-law got two. Have one in the frezer for Sunday dinner. Good Luck to all that are going.:cool:

lawnman_scott
04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by crawdad
Why is it people who don't hunt think it's so easy? :confused:

Crawdad Maybe because people who do cant awnser the question.

lawnman_scott
04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
because there food comes to them automatically on a plate,they don't get out there to enjoy the hunt,be one with nature.they would rather complain thats it's wrong to hunt while dicussing it over there prime rib and lobster... Obviously you didnt read my question.

CamLand
04-21-2004, 09:35 PM
i did read it and stand by what i wrote...

lawnman_scott
04-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
i did read it and stand by what i wrote... I work for my food, dont want to trapse around in the woods, but dont think its wrong. And cant stand prime rib, but lobster is good. But i did get an awnser from a hunter about how hard it is. Oh i did buy some turkey last week.

Phishook
04-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Charles
Least I dont got a s*** green tin can van HAHAHAHA

You should here her purr. Almost like a Turkey! Purrrrr Kluck Kluck, purrrrr, Click kluck, p p ppppurrrrrrrrrrrummm p PP!

SLS
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Saving my turkey hunting for November. :D

bugspit
04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Just a bit of info for you gun owners/ hunters. Kerry voted 51 times out of 55 against your right to bear arms.
I you're a NRA member check out Mays issue of American 1st Freedom.