PDA

View Full Version : cement edging

fa fa flo hite
04-21-2004, 11:35 PM
has anyone use this machine to form these cement edging,i have a customer who would like to have it done at his house. is there alot in volved in it? can you rent htis machine or would i be better subbing it out.

meets1
04-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Get into the business! I don't know. I am looking at expanding into that market next year. Not much call for it here but I think with a little marketing etc it will fly. We place 1000's of bullet edgers a year and I think the concrete curb thing could have a great use. My 1 cent worth, really didn't help with your ? I guess.

I have never seen a rental store in our area carry one but may be different by you.

desertrat
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I also have a customer looking for cement edging, and it is getting very popular out here. I looked online for info. and most companies are franchises, or they want to sell complete "systems". I just want to rent the machine as I have all the other equip. I am going to call a local company today and probably sub it out this time. It looks easy, but theres not much I can do if I don't have the machine.

Border Guy
04-28-2004, 11:18 PM
You guys may be better to sub it out to a company that specializes in it. I do it full time and have all the equipment on one rig. You will need a mixer, know what the mix should be, have the extruder, have the mold, have the trowels and then the stamps. It looks easy and it's not rocket science, but like any other trade, it requires practice and is somewhat of an art. I offer a commission to any landscaper that gives me a referral. I am insured, look professional and stand by my work with a warranty. It is a growing service and is becoming huge in Atlanta, Florida and the west. Good luck.

meets1
04-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Border Guy - what brand of machine you runnen? Did you purchase a pkg deal?

letitgrow123
04-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm running Tygar Mfg. Equipment. I checked out a bunch of others and they all are similar, but Jeremy, Terry and Ben are very easy to work with, respond to my needs and make tough products. They aren't the largest, but I feel well taken care of. I bought the best package they had which included all the machines, trailer, tools and materials. I wanted to be "in the business" and wanted my customers to see that. So far so good!!