PDA

View Full Version : "Boderline and Lil' Bubba"

chevyman1
04-22-2004, 09:00 AM
looking into curbing/edging stuff. Anyone use these and/or have feedback on them? thanks!

D Felix
04-22-2004, 10:38 PM
I've said it here before, and I'll probably say it again, but concrete curbing/edging has NO place in the residential landscape.

Not only does it look tacky, it also does not allow future bed expansion in an easy manner. I have serious doubts about longevity/strength too.

But, these are just a few of MY thoughts, if you can become the next millionaire with it, go right ahead. Just stay out of my area, please!:D

Dan

Border Guy
04-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Dan,

Why are you guys so down on the curbing? There are so many colors, textures and styles that it doesn't have to be tacky. How often do you change a customer's beds anyway? If you want to change it, just cut it and take it out. The installer would be glad to come back and install a new section. It's effective in keeping mulch in beds, grass out of beds, makes edging easier on you and if you want to make some extra profit without investing in the equipment, get hooked up with someone that installs it. They may pay you a commission for the referral. I do. Seems to work. Don't be threatened by the curb!!

Border Guy
04-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh, and by the way, it is VERY durable and will last for a long time. I choose to apply a color hardener that has a higher PSI rating than the concrete itself. The customer gets a durable edging that lasts a long, long time.

chevyman1
04-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Upstate NY will never have anything to do with that look it appears. The "view" of it is very cheap and tacky from what everyone says here. Natutal look is always the preferred choice

letitgrow123
04-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Never say Never

Lombardi
04-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I think that most will admit that this does not look cheap or tacky.

Lombardi
04-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Nor does this look cheap, in my opinion.

EagleLandscape
04-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Honestly I think it looks cheap:-\.

ken50
05-03-2004, 12:17 AM
I would go with Borderline all the way. Patrick Roach, in Phoenix, is the man to talk to. He trained me, sold me my setup, and gives terrific support ANY time you need it, he is only a phone call away. I have been in the business for about two years, and am actually selling mine, due to some personal situations, nothing to do with the curbing business. It can be very profitable, and customers absolutely love it. Of course, it isnt for everyone, but what is. That's what makes the world go 'round, everyone is different. What a boring world it would be if everyone thought alike, don't u think? If you want more info on Borderline, they are on the net at www.borderlinestampusa.com. They are first class, and will help you every step of the way, they truly care about your success!

Ken