PDA

View Full Version : truck ramps

lightninglawncare
04-22-2004, 12:35 PM
for those of you who work out of your truck and use ramps to get the mower down what kind of ramps did you use? Can you make them yourself? I have a lawn tractor and is there a way you could get it into the truck without the mowing deck catching? Thanks and if you had pictures that would be great

lawnranger44
04-22-2004, 12:51 PM
We have truck ramps, we made our own out of two 2x8's. Although we use a 36" walkbehind, which is easier to control and prevent the deck from catching, so I don't know about what you can do for that.

Lombardi
04-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Loading into a truck is extremely dangerous. Be safe and buy a small trailer. You will be glad you did.

Green Care
04-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I use a safety ramp mounts in your hitch this is the way too go.

Jagor
04-26-2004, 09:15 PM
There are some well made aluminum "arched" ramps on the market that would help you eliminate your lawn tractor mower deck snagging problem. Pick a set that has the cross rungs welded to the inside of the side rails. This makes for a smooth top surface less likely to catch your deck. Get the longest set you can to reduce loading angle. Try and find a rise in landscape to back up to when loading. This will also help reduce ramp angle. Make sure and use the safety cables that normally come with ramp set. A "kicked" out ramp can cause serious injury!