PDA

View Full Version : Mini backhoe service

martinw
04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I use to run a rental company and have since moved into doing (light) landscaping, and lawn care service. I still have from the rental business 2 mini backhoes (a terramite t5c and a dig it 198t) both with low hours and well maintained (with a small 8" bucket and a 18"). Is there a market for a mini fel/backhoe work out there? I have (in the past) done some little jobs, but never thought of moving it into a business (I do NOT wish to explore digging graves...I know good work but the thought just freaks me out. ).

I am willing to invest in a small (perferably 1 ton) dump truck if nessary but, do not want to buy other equipment (at this time) to do this business.

How would one go about marketing this business???

Thanks

JB1
04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
one might check with some excaviting companies, lots of times they just don't want to mess with the small stuff. Introduce yourself and let them know what you can do.

gogetter
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
There's a guy that advertises in the weekly paper for mini backhoe work (ad even has small graphic of a mini backhoe).
In big bold text it says $85 per hour. Mentions driveway, walkway and patio demolition.