PDA

View Full Version : Case 95XT service manual

jr_2
04-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi, Anyone know where I might find a used service (shop) manual for my 2001 Case 95XT? Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks, JR_2

ksss
04-29-2004, 01:40 AM
I thought I had one from my last machine but it must have sent it with it when I sold it. You might try E-bay or contact your Case dealer and see if they can find one for you.

jr_2
04-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Hi ksss,
Thanks for the reply. I just picked up my 2001 Case 95XT yesterday. I bought it as is from an insurence company, so I spent all day changing all the fluids and filters. I didn't even get an owners manual with it but I found one on the internet. It should be here in a couple days. My skid steer has 310 hrs and every thing is working fine except a couple wiring problems, (horn and head lights). The tires are about 60% gone. They are the first set the machine has had.
I operated it some and it has power to spare. I would like to get the 1000lb weight for under the machine. I'm thinking of getting some kind of mirror in the enclosed cab, to see in the back of the machine. Do you have any ideas on an in cab mirror?
What are some of the things you like about your 95XT?
Do you know of any where to get parts for the 95XT besides Case? Case makes a very nice machine but they try to hold you up on parts and manuals. I may end up buying the shop manual from Case but I'll try other ways first.
jr_2 (in Missouri)

Tigerotor77W
04-29-2004, 03:35 PM
jr_2,

I'm glad you found something online. Hope everything works out well.

Xing

ksss
05-04-2004, 02:18 AM
The 95XT is truly an awesome machine. It adds another dimension to what we can do. With it we can take on larger jobs that others can't with smaller machines. As far as performance I can't say enough good about it. The down sides to the machine are that it weighs around 10K pounds. It can be a lot to haul around. We usually haul more that one machine at a time and that is a challenge with the 95XT. I think it is a little hard on fuel. It is without a doubt one of the heaviest duty skid steers on the market. Case in point, tree digging is very popular here, almost every single company runs the 95XT. They run 44 to 50 inch spades on them. I doubt you would need the counter weight unless your operating it at the extreme end of its lift compacity. You lose some ground clearance with it and because of the excess weight it wears the tires out a little faster. Great choice, good luck.

machineaholic
05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I just got a 95xt at a RB auction and I was wondering how to flip up the cab to work on the machine. i am also wondering how often i should change the fluids. What is average/fair price to charge to move a truck load of dirt? all answers will be greatly appreciated.

machineaholic
05-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I am accuquiring machines one by one. right now i have a 95xt and a 307SSR

ksss
05-03-2008, 04:32 PM
There are two levers on each side of the seat, pull those down and pull the seat back toward you. Grab the handles on the cab and pull toward you. The cab will lock when fully extended open. Release the lock which is on the left side as you are facing the cab then push the cab back down when you are done servicing it. Push those levers back against the back of the cab.

I would change all the fluid and filters on the machine. After that the engine oil is 250 hours and the hyd. is 1000 I believe on the 95XT.

As far as what to charge. You will move a dump truck load of dirt in about 2 mins if your also talking on your cell phone. They are thirsty machines, bear that in mind but you can do an unbeleivable amount of work with one, so price accordingly. I am at $80.00 an hour with mininums. What you can charge is very much regional, but you can quickly work yourself out of money with this machine (by working too fast). I try never to work it by the hour if I can avoid it. Always bid and then watch yourself cut your bid time in half with this machine. Thats how I make money with them.

stuvecorp
05-05-2008, 01:30 AM
As far as what to charge. You will move a dump truck load of dirt in about 2 mins if your also talking on your cell phone. They are thirsty machines, bear that in mind but you can do an unbeleivable amount of work with one, so price accordingly. I am at $80.00 an hour with mininums. What you can charge is very much regional, but you can quickly work yourself out of money with this machine (by working too fast). I try never to work it by the hour if I can avoid it. Always bid and then watch yourself cut your bid time in half with this machine. Thats how I make money with them.

A little hijack here, how do you feel the 465 compares to a 450 and then a 440? Don't they have the same approx. horsepower?

ksss
05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
The 465 and the 440 have the same powerplant (as does the 450). However the 440 cant move the amount of material that the 465 can. The 465 weighs about 3K more and that extra weight makes a big difference. The 450 compares much like a 465 except the wheel base is a little shorter. The cycle times on the 450 are very fast. That backhoe style linkage is dam quick. Depending on what your doing the 450 might handle more material per hour than a 465, due to the faster cycle times.

stuvecorp
05-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks, Kaiser. I think this summer if I get a project that would suit the 450/465 I would like to try it. A trailer shop here has an '06 465 with 47 hours for $35000 or offer, got me wondering. And I thought the 440 was a monster, sounds like the the 450 or 465 would take it up a notch.