PDA

View Full Version : bricks as edging how to???

DBLC
04-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I need to install bricks 2 high for aprox 260' this will take me 104o bricks i think. My question is what is the best way to prep? They are outlining a flower bed. Do i add sand and tamp? or is there more to it? How should I price this? I have helped brick a house, put that is my extent! Please help! Thanks!

ParkerLawn
04-26-2004, 10:20 PM
I have done several of these jobs in the past and I always dig my outline out, then add small rock and put a base sand on top of that and tamp it out. You will need an epoxy for the second layer to hold.

o-so-n-so
04-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Its hard to say without seeing or knowing what results you want to achieve.

If you are matching brick on a house, I think you should start with a solid base and mortar the brick together just as the house.

If you just have some brick and want to use them in the landscape as a border, maybe just be creative.

I will look best if you keep level and not just lay on same contour as ground. Do step ups and downs for grade changes and add some plants to soften border in different areas.

many ideas for that type of border. If your brick has holes in them, you need to do something different, trust me.