PDA

View Full Version : Snake in pine needles this weekend! Almost sh@t my pants.

CRM Lawncare
04-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I had 50 bales on pine straw to spread this weekend. I go to get the 5th to last bale and started to spread. Was shaking out and I look down and in the middle of the bunch I had in my hands was a 1 foot snake. I'm not sure what kind because I was too busy running and screaming like a little girl. It was gone when I cleaned my pants and came back. That is a first for me and a last I hope.

Charlie
CRM Lawncare

work4green
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Surely you could tell what color it is? Around Atlanta I've never seen a coral snake but have heard from other landscapers who have gotten them in from S. GA pine straw. The coral snake and a type of king snake have bands of yellow, red and black but in different orders...

Snakes are fun, in 8 years of cutting underbrush around lakes, I've stepped on a few... definitely gets the adrenaline flowing.

Andy

jajwrigh
05-02-2004, 12:39 PM
I own a few pet snakes and that made me more calm when I come across them in the wild.

SWD
05-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Where I live in Texas, less than 6% of the snakes you encounter are NOT poisonous.
Think about it, I have a male tarantula that lives in my attic that is easily 1' in leg span and he is harmless, don't worry about a little 'ol snake-just stomp on him or throw it in to the chipper.

pimowtime
05-05-2004, 02:42 PM
IF BLACK MEETS YELLOW, YOU'RE A LUCKY FELLOW! AND IF RED MEETS BLACK, YOU'RE A DEAD JACK!!:) At least that's what I go by!!

pimowtime
05-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Coral snakes are all over where I live!!(S.W. Florida) I hate snakes!!:(

LakeMurrayLawns
05-05-2004, 08:03 PM
I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, I picked up one bale and reached down for the second and a cotton mouth was curled up on top of the second bale. I danced a jig and said a few works. I still look real close before I pick up a bale of straw!!

jaybird
05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
red and yellow killed a fellow red and black friend of jack, oh by the way would you help your uncle jack on a horse, would you help your uncle jack ---- incomplete