PDA

View Full Version : Firewood Pricing

Rebel7695
04-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey... Get everyone to do me a favor? I need to know what convience stores, nurseries. etc. are charging for bundled firewood. I am thinking of getting into that and need to know what it sells for in different areas.

I am in Western Arkansas and would like prices from OK, KS, MO, AR, TX, LA... I want to know what it sells for "retail", as in what the firewood user has to buy it for...

Thanks in advance...

o-so-n-so
04-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Don't know about retail convenience stores but, it was going for $5.00 a bundle at Talladega Superspeedway last week. Maybe 6 or 7 pieces of wood. Firewood is some major work for little money. Can't see making it unless you invest in a processor and have access to a lot of good desirable wood.

Good luck....

Rebel7695
04-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah, i have done that "way" of the firewood business, the hard way that is. There has got to be an easier way, even without the processor. I am close friends/partners with a large tree service here and he keeps all of the wood from the take downs. HE HAS A LOT OF WOOD. anyways, i am not telling you the details of my operation, but we'll just say that i dont plan on touching to much of the material. just running the skid loader to get it on the flatbead.. haha...

Jason

o-so-n-so
04-28-2004, 12:33 AM
That might work.

I know a guy that sells a pick up truck load of cured and stacked premium hardwood at your location for $60.00.

Just not my way of making it in this business.

If you got a good set up (tree service supplier) and don't have to handle much wood, it might be OK.

Ron Greenwood Jr
05-02-2004, 01:09 AM
I can Help you on this one.

50,000 wood processor
10,000 packaging machine
15,000 used skid-steer
400-600 for load of logs
5-9 employee's to run operation

Rebel7695
05-03-2004, 09:42 AM
alright, once again.. I am not asking how to run the operation. I am asking THE PRICE FOR FIREWOOD IN CERTAIN AREAS.

Thanks

Q-Team Inc
05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
In Maine they get anywhere from 4.00 to 5.50 per bundle. Some sell in banana boxes at there location for less but the ones in the grocery store are bundled up in a plastic pouch with a handle. Those are 5.50.

I agree with some of the other guys. A lot of work and not a lot of profit. We have a guy who buys log length at our log yard and cuts firewood. He gets a cord of log for $50.00 and sells a cord for anywhere from $115.00 to $145.00. He's happy with making his 95.00 a day. He puts in about 6 hours doing it.

I guess your situation would be a little different with what you are doing.

meets1
05-04-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm in Iowa - different area yes but I sell by the pickup load. We do a fair amount of tree work throughout the year and the rotten stuff I don't worry about and we haul away. Ash, elm, maple, oak, we keep. Break them down, haul away to our shop area, and during the winter when were slow, we cut, split, and pile wood. Keeps us warm!