PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Mt-52 Vs. Toro Dingo Tx 425

Z_SCAPES
04-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Getting ready to make a purchase of one these units . Tried out both of them and they were both pretty powerful despite their small size. Wanted to know if anyone has any opinions on these 2 machines. Thanks Joe

Tigerotor77W
04-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I'd recommend the Bobcat for a few reasons. It's got a diesel engine, lifts higher, probably has a dealer closer to you (possibly -- not necessarily), is hydrostatic, and seems to be easier to operate. You can also choose to ride on it or walk behind it, a feature the Toro doesn't offer. The MT52 has more pump flow... but the 0.8 GPM might not mean much.

Now... the Toro. It's probably going to be cheaper. If you don't have a diesel station nearby, no use going with a Bobcat. If you don't care much about riding or walking, no use going with the Bobcat. Toro has also been making its product a little while longer than has Bobcat.

It boils down to which one you preferred yourself -- operating specs might not mean everything if the operator doesn't feel comfortable operating one over the other. If you don't mind the small nuances, Toro would be a sound investment, but if you want a machine with which you can grow your business (aka move up in the lineup), go with Bobcat.

netgear
05-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Hello i have a Toro Dingo 320d for sale. it has the following attachments: Soil Renovator( cultivator) , Auger Power Head, Bare Trencher w/ bar less chain, Standard Bucket, and trailor w/ accessories. It only has 600 hours of use. i will sell everything for only $11,000. capitalgroup@spininternet.com
Thank You
Spencer Craig

FenceMan
05-25-2004, 09:48 PM
I have 2 Toro 322 Dingo's and I also have the Dingo 425 TX. I would just like to make this be known, The Toro's are very solid and super tough machines. These units have completely changed my business for the better. If you own a fence company these little bad boys will get the job done...quick. Shhh dont tell anyone! :D

Anyways, I have tried out the MT 50's and recently a new MT 52 and I can tell you this...there is not much difference at all. They both performe very closely. And by the way...the 425TX does have a platform that blots on and quickly flips up out of the way when you dont need it. You can get them from www.Forkster.com

For your company it comes down to the bottom line... bang for your buck. Toro wins here...big time. Not only are the Bobcat units overly expensive but the attatchments are also more pricey. Also...the Toro has over 35+ attatchments. Bobcat does not have anything nearly as close as this. I think that Bobcat only has 14 or 15.

I live within an hour drive from my Toro dealer and its great to have such an huge assortment of attachments that I can rent for a day or two. The stump grinder works great (I make good $$$ on the side using the grinder) and the backhoe attachment works surprisingly well. Also, there is a cement mixer that the Toros has that is a real keeper. Keep this in mind when you look into these two units, because there is a major diference here especialy if you are a landscaper. The Toro just has more to offer...right now anyway...

The Toro is highly geared towards landscapers. But if landscaping is your thing a full size skid steer might be your thing too. Dont get caught with an undersized machine, there is a big difference between the full and mini skid steers, both have there place.

All I can say is this, I have been using these units for about 4 years and I am very happy with them.

r_rivera7272
05-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Whenever you're looking to invest in any equipments, try to look at the cost of up keeping the machines as well. Try to find out the cost of rubber tracks on both these units since they're lifespan may be limited, depending on your application.

allaccesslandscaping
06-24-2004, 10:53 PM
I live in the bay area. Iam going to buy 2 bobcats mini... I was going with ramrod @ first (also great manchine) But I need the support near by . My bobcat dealer is 15 min away. Anyway compared to the dingo. Like fence man said there pretty close. You can get a good deal on anyone of them go talk to the dealer....Money talks bulllshit walks... I am gettin 2 mt 52 ... trencher 6inch,tiller,breaker,4 in one bucket,dozer blade,and auger and land plane 47,000... plus bobcat has a no intrest plan for three years.. My local has the manchine @ 15,700

Good luck

Tigerotor77W
06-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Hooray for Bobcat owners! :blob3: