PDA

View Full Version : leaf removal

jterrell
04-27-2004, 09:03 PM
A lady wants me to give her a proposal on removing
leaves from her ground cover which is mostly ivory.
I haven't quoted a price for a job like this.I think it
would be by the hour since there is probably an acre
of this stuff.Question is how much to charge per hour
and how can I remove the leaves other than by hand.

D Felix
04-27-2004, 09:19 PM
If her ground cover is really ivory, then you'd better make sure she doesn't accuse you of stealing any!:D

Most likely, I assume, it's ivy, probably english ivy. It can be a pain to get leaves out of, so if you don't know how long it will take, I would see if she will agree to T&M.

Are you sure there's really an acre? That's bigger than the average residential lot. An acre is roughly 200 feet by 200 feet. I don't think I've ever seen a bed that large, and don't understand why anyone would want one that large....

The only ways I know of to remove the leaves is with a rake and/or a blower. If you try the blower route, get a backpack, you will get tired of holding a hand blower and they are not as powerful. Take the leaves to the truck/trailer on a tarp. They are a lot of bulk, but not a lot of wieght when dry.

As for what to charge per hour, that is up to you. Whatever market will bear. You are in a different market than 99% of the people here. And you don't have the exact same overhead of that 1%....

Dan