PDA

View Full Version : new mulch install

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:14 PM
heres a nice little job done since it was rainy and cold.I ahve before and after.

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:16 PM
another before. diff view

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:18 PM
deer got to these bushes

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:19 PM
now some after shots

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:22 PM
front trees. it was getting real cold.

chefdrp
04-27-2004, 11:24 PM
no volcanos in my mulch jobs.

mtdman
04-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Nice job. Did you do anything to the areas around the trees first, or just add the mulch on top? Just curious.

:D

o-so-n-so
04-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Can I tell you something and you not take it the wrong way?

First...Your mulch job is #1

Second....you should never, never, never leave any tools laying in a driveway for any reason for any amount of time. I learned the hard way. This is pertaining to the pick and wheelbarrow setting behind those garage doors.

Good job on the mulch man.........

chefdrp
04-28-2004, 12:02 AM
No harm tken. Thanx. didnt even think about that.

MTD. Yes i had to recut the beds and recut around the trees and scrape out the turf and weeds. It realy sucked. The lady let it go. And then she mowed the day before i got there and grass blown all into the trees. hope theres no clipping going in them now. I told her i was going to investigate often. LOL

DJL
04-28-2004, 12:06 AM
nice job except all of the mulch that is now sitting in the middle of the stone (if you can call it that) drive. She'll have weeds in no time. I would have dumped the mulch on the grass knowing I'd get to it the same day. Now your introducing soil (in time) into the existing drive.

mtdman
04-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I did a mulch install last weekend. I don't usually do it, but it was a request from a good customer. I haven't done that kind of thing in a loooong time. I didn't have to recut any beds, thankfully. It wasn't so bad, I suppose.

I do have a few customers that get their trees and beds mulched every year. They don't have any kind of border around the mulch beds, and invariably I get grass trimmings into the mulch beds. Mostly through trimming. Mowing away from beds isn't a problem, but no matter what I do, I can't keep the wacker trimmings out of some of the beds. I wish people would put borders around those things.

gogetter
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Looks good chef.
If I had to cut that lawn, I would have seen about making one large mulch bed around those bushes on the side of the house (the ones the deer got to) rather then seperate mulch rings.
It would just be easier to cut/trim around, plus you/they could put some smaller plants inbetween to spruce it up a bit.

But sounds like they cut there own grass so......

GLADULANDSCPING
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Your gunna rot those tress if the mulch is too high up the stock. Moisture, wiill rot the base of it, make a lil ring.:hammerhead: