PDA

View Full Version : Pavestone installation

Hodge
04-28-2004, 09:23 AM
I know how to install pavestones, but I have a customer that has asked for something a little diferenct. They are also requesting the top two rows be glued or mortored. Recommendations?

The attachment show what they are looking for, but basically it is a full brick at the front with a stack of three behind the stacked brick with one buried for stability. Is this just a waste of time and money? Or has somebody done something like this before?

D Felix
05-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Your drawing really doesn't make much sense to me.

I see no reason to mortar pavers, unless somebody really screwed up when pouring steps and you need the extra 2 1/2" to make the risers right.

If what you are talking about is mortaring a multiple coursed soldier course, I don't think that is necessary either. Not only would it serve virtually no purpose, but it would be hard to make it look right with the rest of the patio. Not to mention the possibility of interfering with drainage. Regular edging would be better.

Draw a better drawing, and I might be able to understand a little better what it is that they are looking for.

Oh, and save it as a .jpg instead of .bmp. Those of us that use Netscape have found that Netscape doesn't like to open .bmps very well.... There are ways around it, but it's not as fast.

Dan

Rex Mann
05-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Dan,

Are you talking about something like this?

Peace,

Rex

our web site (http://rmstonescaping.com)