PDA

View Full Version : Pine straw placement...nice,rolled edges?

allstar
04-29-2004, 09:01 AM
I've seen a few pinestraw jobs around town that looked really nice.Can someone tell me how to get those nice,rolled edges?I can't seem to get mine to look quite as good as some of the other jobs I've seen.Thanks.

venecular
04-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I get very nice rolled edges by using my stihl blower... Just go around where you want the pine straw to end. Just make sure that you do not give it to much power.

grasssin
04-29-2004, 09:55 AM
you also need really thick pine straw edges that extend out past the edging. this helps the pine straw tuck under itself or "roll" better

Carolina Cutter
04-29-2004, 12:05 PM
If the pinestraw borders a concrete walkway for instance I always take my string trimmer and "edge" the pinestraw like you would edge the grass. Cuts off the excess hangover and makes quite a nice looking edge.

Tony Clifton
04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
I have found that the only way to get the edges to look perfect is to actually roll them by hand. Blowers and tuckers work, but there is nothing better than hand rolling,

Remsen1
04-29-2004, 12:50 PM
i'd like to see a picture of the different methods and how it looks. I have pine straw available to me, but I've never used it.