PDA

View Full Version : scag vs. exmark

sdog882007
04-29-2004, 05:14 PM
I am thinking about getting either a scag or an exmark walk behind, the exmark is a little bit less expensive than the scag, but it is only a few hundred dollars difference so i would rather pay more now and get a better lawn mower than have to pay a lot more in service fees and maintenance, which mower do you think it better? Which will give me the better but? I was also looking at the toro, how do all of these compare, which is the best?

cmurphy128
04-30-2004, 10:03 PM
have you check out husqvarna?
check out my site it has a lot of links
www.morganpower.com
i wont sell out of state though, just some info for you..

themowerman
05-05-2004, 01:39 PM
You should also check out BobCat, Wright Stander, and EverRide. They all have websites.

John Gamba
05-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Dependability and best Cut_______Turf Tracer Exmark Ultracut.
John

supermini z
05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
scag is better than exmark if you had the choice go with the scag. Also the handles on the exmark are better. The scag has alot more thicker deck than exmark. I use to have the metro 36" now I have a hustler zero-turn. Hustler has the t-bar that is like riding a scotter and it is very very easy. check hustler out before buying anything then decide. I like the hustler

loud_mouth22
05-05-2004, 10:30 PM
ive used an exmark tt 60 inch hydro it stripes nice and is reliable it has a 20 horse kohler it throws the grass out no problem even if it is tall seems to be a good deck design iv seen other mowers have problems cutting grass that has been fertilized and cutting on day 8 thats my 2 cents but i havnt seen any scags yet

John Gamba
05-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by supermini z
scag is better than exmark if you had the choice go with the scag. Also the handles on the exmark are better. The scag has alot more thicker deck than exmark. I use to have the metro 36" now I have a hustler zero-turn. Hustler has the t-bar that is like riding a scotter and it is very very easy. check hustler out before buying anything then decide. I like the hustler

You should see the Turf Tracer In person not just in print.
John

grass_cuttin_fool
05-06-2004, 07:19 AM
I like the cut of my scag but i dont like thoose pistol grips 6-10 hours aday, try one out for a day and be sure before you buy,I have a scag wb that is 3 years old and has only 50 hours on it, me and pistol grips dont get along

sdog882007
05-14-2004, 07:16 PM
How does dixie chopper line up with exmark and maybe scag (ZTR's)

fishinman22487
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
I would go with an Exmark because the new ECS(Enhanced Contol System) handles will save your hands a lot from trees and such. I own a Exmark Viking 36" hydro. It cuts a lot of grass, even when it has just rained. A perfect mower!!!!!

Good Luck!!

CookTractor
08-30-2004, 10:06 PM
EXMARK all the way

65hoss
08-30-2004, 10:47 PM
eXmark leads the industry for a reason. Cut quality and customer service is second to none. Scag makes a very good mower and heavy duty. eXmark is heavy duty also, just not overkill.

theservicingdealer
09-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the exmark is abetter mower than a scag. But I really think you should try a hustler WB. It is the easiest on the handles and doesnt give you aches and pains that the others do. It different but better.