PDA

View Full Version : Brick saw reccommendations

promower
05-02-2004, 05:28 PM
What is a good paver saw? I looked them up on the internet and theres a ton choices.

D Felix
05-02-2004, 07:20 PM
One you can hook up a hose to, to keep dust down.

For an all purpose saw, I would use an electric "chop" saw style, with a sliding tray. This would give the ability to cut not only pavers, but wall block.

If I were doing strictly pavers, probably a gas powered saw with a fixed blade and sliding tray. The fixed blade doesn't allow cutting of larger wall block, so don't plan on using it for that purpose if you get one....

Other than that, it's up to you. Whatever you can afford! If it's easily portable, that's always a plus, especially if it has it's own built-in table.

Anything beats a circular saw! Which is what we use at this point.....

Dan

Rex Mann
05-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Handheld we use Stihl TS 400. Light and powerful. We have the 14 inch models.

For a table saw we use EDCO with a 5.5 HP Honda which can be used wet or dry.

Peace,

Rex

our web site (http://rmstonescaping.com)

promower
05-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I was looking at the EDCO to nice saw. These things are more expensive then I thought, I was thinking they would be around $300 or so.

D Felix
05-02-2004, 11:25 PM
So did it surprise you when you found out they were almost 10 times as much??!!:D

Dan

mclrob71
05-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I personaly think that partner is the best saw on the market very well balanced an da great filtering system

Gene $immons
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I have been using a Ryobi miter saw with a masonary blade, but we just got into the brick & rock cutting business. There is probably a better saw available for commercial stone cutting. The masonary blades from Home Depot were cheap and worked well.

I wear a resporator and safety glasses when messing around with that kind of work. DUSTY!