PDA

View Full Version : Skid steer on pavement

ksland
05-02-2004, 08:58 PM
What do you guys do about operating a skid steer on pavement? Mostly concerned about marks from the tires from turning. Does it go away? What about concrete? Should you wet the area first? I guess the best answer is just be careful but what about the marks that you do get?

badranman
05-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Not quite sure what to do about the marks when you do get them. I just try to make as wide a circle as I can to minimize them.
If you can wet the area first it will limit the marks as well as save your tires. A trick I use when I don't care about the pavement is to put the bucket on the ground (cutting edge) and take the weight off the front tires. Then you can turn with no problem although you do leave a scrape mark. I do this when I'm turning on the road or a big parking lot.

Tigerotor77W
05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
All wheel steer loader with skid steer capabilities = A300 = no marks and longer tire life.

Scag48
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
A300 is nice, but them things are 40 grand, who wants to shell out that kind of cash! Most of the time, the marks go away. Best thing to do is track straight across it, don't turn if you don't absolutely have to. I haven't tried wetting it down, I suppose that might help a little.

Tigerotor77W
05-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Yeah... it's funny. People don't buy em because they're damned expensive... but the other side of the coin is, if people bought them, their prices might go down.