PDA

View Full Version : Bed Edging

LakeMurrayLawns
05-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Is there a better way to get those small ditches around the shrub beds than to shovel them out?

Gilla Gorilla
05-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, try renting a bed edger.

I just bought a Brown bed edger yesterday and have already been able to bill out $210.00 worth of edging with it in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. There is also no trips to the dump for
disposal, you just rake the dirt back into the bed before you mulch.

It works great around beds but the small tree rings have to be
enlarged alittle if they are only 4 or 5 feet in circomference

MudslinginFX4
05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
You can rent or buy bed edgers. They are pretty expensive to buy, but there is serious money to be made if you do a lot of it. We charge $1 per foot edged. Do a search and you will come up with pictures and other posts on this topic.

NCSULandscaper
05-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Bed edger. Charge $1 per ft and have made up to $400 in less than 10 min.

DJL
05-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Install brick, plastic, or metal edging. Initial cost is higher, but then you never have to "edge" again.

GreenMonster
05-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by DJL
Install brick, plastic, or metal edging. Initial cost is higher, but then you never have to "edge" again.

After you put in the plastic edging, spray the lawn with round-up and you'll never have to mow again either.

lawnranger44
05-06-2004, 11:34 AM
DEFINITELY rent the brown edger. Edging is our biggest moneymaker with this beast.

DJL
05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
After you put in the plastic edging, spray the lawn with round-up and you'll never have to mow again either.

Even better. Since I have the contract for the whole year I'll never have to show up yet still get paid. man are you new englanders smart.

GreenMonster
05-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by DJL
Even better. Since I have the contract for the whole year I'll never have to show up yet still get paid. man are you new englanders smart.

:D :D :D :D

Yeah, I can be the brains -- only logical since I'm from New England, and you're from New Jersey -- and you can be the front man to do all the dirty work. We might actually make a good team. Don't forget your shovel.

They make some fake plastic flagstone edging too. That's pretty classy looking stuff.

DJL
05-06-2004, 10:20 PM
who said anything about class. None her in jersey. We just have smog and more fund sites that any other state.

WEEDEATER
05-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Let me ask this question, to edge the planting bed you guys charge $1.00-$1.50 a foot. That price is included in the price for mulching?? What do you charge to install plastic edging including make the edging with the bed edger?