PDA

View Full Version : need input on bid for 8 inch garden wall install

fishman644
05-06-2004, 11:25 PM
customer is ordering all materials and having them delivered. there is a about 90 ft of wall 2 brick high that she wants installed with 8 inch block. the soil is sand so it will be easy digging. i was thinking of a price of $800 . all she needs is someone to install. any input on this would be appreciated

dmbmikee
05-11-2004, 02:59 AM
$800 is exactly what I would go with. Warning though, I'm not that experienced with bidding out jobs, and I have a tendency to do the job for less than what 'big' companies would charge.

D Felix
05-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Remember that of all activities when it comes to walls, setting the base takes THE LONGEST!

We did a job last fall, two walls, total of about 90 lineal feet. One was 7-8 courses tall, the other was 3-4 tall. Took my boss about 2 1/2-3 days to set all of the base course. He may be more picky on levelness than you are, I dunno, but setting the base takes a while. After the base is set, everything else is pretty much a breeze....

Dan

fishman644
05-11-2004, 10:46 PM
im pretty quality conscious. i like to do things the right way the first time so there wont be a second time at my cost on my time. you could say im a perfectionist. i dont advertise and dont need to . i have to turn alot of work away because i cannot find any help that is worth a f&%k. whats the sense in paying someone to do the job when you have to go back and do it over?

Ice_Gargoylle
05-12-2004, 12:11 AM
if you can...find out what type she is getting...usual is from 3-5 dollars / brick. for prefab walls: i usually double whatever the material is for labor plus any material needed.