PDA

View Full Version : trailer flooring and fuel

remmey64
05-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have any good suggestions for enclosed trailer flooring? I am concerned about the plywood floor soaking up fuel more than anything else. I plan on keeping my fuel containers in my truck bed while traveling.

jim dailey
05-07-2004, 10:28 PM
I went to the local home depot and purchased an epoxy flooring kit. Includes the epoxy, with hardner, and some sandstone for grit. That way you won't slip on wet days. The kit handles 250 s.f. My enclosed trailer, built by me, is only 8' wide by 18' long. I painted the raised wheel wells on the inside plus a 2' high stripe on the bottom of the interior walls. I used it before I loaded-up the trailer with equipment. I beleive that Lowe's may have something similar. I think that the cost was $45-50.

lawnman_scott
05-08-2004, 11:04 PM
when i bought my open trailer the guy said to dump drain oil on it once a month. I never did, but oil spilling on it over time has helped it i think.

lawnGUYnMD
05-08-2004, 11:19 PM
I would use a seal or something like a spray in liner like they do on truck beds.

turftammer
05-23-2004, 11:52 AM
I would get some cheap linoleoum and put it down also you would have to glue the whole floor just th edges.

Critical Care
05-24-2004, 02:33 PM
I suppose that fuel soaked wood on any trailer wouldn't be good, and in en enclosed trailer the smell could get to you. Never thought about this... good question.