PDA

View Full Version : trees and shrubs and flowers

rmartin
05-08-2004, 05:15 PM
do any of you lco's also do landscape design. I started adding that service last year. My question is where do you buy your product. I have gone to some of the nearby nurseries but they are not to good price wise toward contractors. They don't like giving any type of price breaks. Are there any other wholesale companies that deal with installers like myself rather than everyone?

big valley
05-08-2004, 11:46 PM
If there is a Lowes in your area you can get a contractor discount, however getting a sales tax Id would get you in with wholesale nurseries that only sale to contractors such as yourself, Lowes, Walmart,etc.

AGLA
05-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Gold Star Nursery - Lexington & Yarmouthport
Shemins Nursery - Shrewsbury
Sylvan Nursery - Westport
Weston Nursery - Hopkinton

Where in Mass are you? There are plenty more re-wholesalers. You should find several retailers that will give you a price break if they know you are legit and they move a lot of plants.

rmartin
05-09-2004, 10:03 AM
i'm in auburn, just south of worcester

D Felix
05-09-2004, 12:55 PM
do any of you lco's also do landscape design

Yes, we do.... I don't understand how people think they can install a quality landscape without one. Let alone sell an install job.

At a very minimum, we have a concept plan, showing where things will be located, but not necessarily what they will be. This allows for some flexibility in both pricing and selection at the nursery....

HOW DO PEOPLE OPERATE WITHOUT A PLAN??? Just seems very unprofessional to me.........................

Dan

AGLA
05-09-2004, 09:20 PM
rmartin,

I think think that there is another large wholesaler in Northborough ....Bigelow.

I'm not sure if I am confusing the name of the one in Shrewsbury. It might not be Shemin's, but it sounds similar if it is not that.

rmartin
05-10-2004, 07:25 AM
thanks.yes its bigelow............shemins is in hudson