PDA

View Full Version : dingo or skid steer

rockstate
05-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Im doing a job where im going to take up the sod all the way around this house and dump some top soil in there and then build 2 pretty big berms in the back yard..... all together its going to be about 20 yards of dirt and i didnt know whether i would be better off with a dingo with a bucket or a skid loader.. on the bid i included a large amount of equipment rental .. thanks steve

ksland
05-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Skid steer for sure. The Dingo although useful it is very slow

Mykster
05-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Is the property open? If there's no gates or other obstacles that would require a smaller pice of equipment such as the Dingo. I would go for the skid steer.

DJL
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
okay, I'm going to ask a stupid question. Why not have the twenty yards dumped much closer to the worksite? Just as easy to clean up tracks from a dump truck than a skid steer.

GrassFearsMe
05-10-2004, 10:43 PM
I am renting one of those 463 bobcats becuase of gate issues, was thinking of the dingo but i have to do runs from the street to the back yard so the skid steer is fatser. I wish my lx 665 or even my ls180 would fit in the back but alas i must use the tiny machine.

rockstate
05-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Alright thanks a lot yeah i would have it dumped but there are several areas it is going to be placed.. and it is very open