PDA

View Full Version : electric cement mixers

homerescue
05-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Has anyone used the small electric motor cement mixers that mix like 2.5 to 3.5 cubic feet at a time, and if so do they mix very well and are they fairly efficient for mixing 1/2 to 1 cubic yards of mix for small jobs. thinking of buying one for smaal jobs and just wondering how decent they are.

ichinaga
05-10-2004, 07:54 AM
I recently did a 10X12 concrete pad. I found the mixer helpful, you just can't bog it down too much. I put 2 bags at a time, 3 was pushing it. It mixed it quickly, much better than the wheelbarrow method in my opinion. I had to put it up 6 or so inches off the ground on a platform so I could tip it into the wheelbarrow. It's definately a workout if you're using 80lb bags, I would chose 40lb bags next time.

Hope this helps a little

homerescue
05-11-2004, 08:51 AM
thanks ichinaga yea it helps when you sais you poured a 10 x 12 because i need to pour a 6 x 7 piece of sidewalk and didn't want it to partially have it start setting up b4 i get it all mixed.

D Felix
05-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. We poured two sections of sidewalk last fall, each about 4x4.5, and didn't have any trouble. And that was with two trips to get more bags of concrete after we got started! I screwed up on my estimate, had 9 bags estimated, ended up using over 20!:(

Dan