PDA

View Full Version : The diesel decision...

jajwrigh
05-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Right now I am using and abusing my s10 and I am desperate need of a larger truck. I have decided to go with a big diesel because of gas mileage, torque, and longivity. Diesel owners...are you satisfied with your trucks?

ADLAWNCUTTERS
05-10-2004, 03:00 AM
yes i had them for years .i will not buy anything else. diesel fuel is cheaper most of the time that gas and mileage is better, Buy the ford diesel the front end is better.

excel25
05-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Would be hard to go back to gas. Love my F350

blafleur
05-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Just a warning, you'll never want a gas motor again. Love mine.

Bryan

Grassmechanic
05-10-2004, 07:45 AM
Can't beat the diesel.............period.

jlewis
05-10-2004, 10:52 AM
I gave up my second S10 for this. No regrets what so ever.

Randy J
05-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Absolutely go diesel. I believe in diesel everything. They're cheaper to operate and maintain, have better pulling power, and get far better fuel mileage on cheaper fuel. If you're looking for a pickup, any of the 3 diesels out there will do you fine. I prefer the Dodge diesel as it's a true industrial diesel. Both Dodge & Ford have a solid front axle, meaning they ride rougher, but are more durable than the IFS of GM. As has been said, you'll never want to go back to gas again.

Randy

EagleLandscape
05-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Get a Diesel and never look back. I don't know about the better gas mileage though, on the highways I can get from 20 - 27 mpg... but it's so much fun to drive I typically get sucky mileage in the city because it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun to drive (it fast).

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=613267

twwlawn
05-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Got a F250 PS, would not give this truck up for anything. Once you have one you will never go back to a gas. May cost more, but will last longer and pull a load like there is nothing behind you, even going up hills. Best of luck to you.

Premo Services
05-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Randy J
Absolutely go diesel. I believe in diesel everything. They're cheaper to operate and maintain, have better pulling power, and get far better fuel mileage on cheaper fuel. If you're looking for a pickup, any of the 3 diesels out there will do you fine. I prefer the Dodge diesel as it's a true industrial diesel. Both Dodge & Ford have a solid front axle, meaning they ride rougher, but are more durable than the IFS of GM. As has been said, you'll never want to go back to gas again.

Randy

I agree with you, got mine in febuary of this year, and it is the best decision I have made. Soo much more miles per gallon compared to the old gasser. I am loving the power of it too.:cool:

dlandscaping
05-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Diesel, from now on all mowers and trucks will be diesels. I hate gas mpg.

jajwrigh
05-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I think I am going to save longer an more to get a diesel truck and maybe a diesel 52" grasshopper too. Thanks guys!!

rtyus
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
FYI guys, a friend of mine was talking to a station owner yesterday and he told my friend that diesel was probably about as high as it was going to go. Mainly because of the truckers. They know that if diesel goes too high the truckers will revolt and it will cripple the economy. He also said they don't know how high gas is going. Just one more reason to go diesel. And remember, you can run off-road diesel in your diesel mowers, which is an even bigger savings.