PDA

View Full Version : Paver Patio/ Walkway/ Bed Installation

qualitylandscaping
05-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Just finished an installation job in a high income residential area.. This thing came out SWEET!!!!!!!

First picture is right after we layed the first row of bricks.. I'm looking for the picture from before we even started but I'm having a hard time finding it.

qualitylandscaping
05-10-2004, 11:48 PM
after! I'm still impressed with it!!

pjslawncare/landscap
05-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Nice job quality , how long did it take

qualitylandscaping
another angle... Plants will be installed later this week.. To include a Japenese Maple at the bottom of the pic above (lower right corner of the deck), spirea, and boxwoods..

rkbrown
Very nice, Steve !!!

grassyfras
05-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I think that looks like a badass job. Good work i wish i could do that. IS that really a high end residential account? No offence those houses dont seem that big but the picture doesnt show much of the houses o well good work though

qualitylandscaping
05-10-2004, 11:53 PM
pj's- It took myself and one guy on my crew about 18 hours total including all travel time and time spent picking up materials and at the dump..

qualitylandscaping
05-10-2004, 11:54 PM
grassyfrass- Not a huge high end residential account (prob. $395,000 house) but still, not cheap for this area..

pjslawncare/landscap
05-10-2004, 11:56 PM
What did you use for the base & did you use anything around the edge pavers like metel or plastic L channel staked down?

qualitylandscaping
05-10-2004, 11:57 PM
another one.. shows the transition.. PaveStone Plaza Stone (red)for the patio.. Then 2x2 concrete slabs that look like bricks on the walkway; PaveStone Plaza Stone (gray) for the walkway border; Buckshot pea gravel between the stones and Triple Ground black diamond mulch in the beds.

qualitylandscaping
05-11-2004, 12:01 AM
pj's- We used a paver sub-layer product from Home Depot. They are sold in two steps (1st is pea gravel in size, and 2nd is like a stone dust).. Started out using masonry sand but I couldn't get it wet enough to pack it down..

Edging is 6' plastic sections with 12" landscape nails.. Just around the patio.. The pavers along the walkway have no edging (they are held in place by the mulch and gravel..

pjslawncare/landscap
05-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Sound & looks nice, bet your customer was happy

qualitylandscaping
05-11-2004, 12:08 AM
They are really excited about it.. The wife already bought her little $200 adirondack chairs for it and she had them out there on the patio before I left tonight!

I got two more install jobs from that one..

P.S. I forgot to mention thats the biggest job I've ever done.. Biggest one before was a 10x10 square with regular bricks.. There is some REALLY good money in this, so I think I'm going to try and get a few more after we finish the next two..

kootoomootoo
05-11-2004, 12:35 AM
I like the pavestone. This is the same paver but in blue/granite. Only constructive criticism would be to change your pattern to a more stable interlocking one. I figure maybe you didnt want to cut anything? The pavers in your install have to be dead on straight or they will show a crooked line which they do slightly.
I like the design though.

qualitylandscaping
05-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Yea, I only used that design because I didn't want to make any cuts.. Not ready to get into that much of a detailed design yet..

D Felix
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
It looks good, but I question whether the patio is big enough to do anything on? Seems like it could have come out another couple of feet and the homeowners could have gotten some more usefullness out of it.............

One suggestion, rather than the red "brick" squares, why not try to sell them on irregular, natural edged bluestone? I think it would blend and look better than the red that just stands out.... The bluestone can be laid just like you did the squares, right on top of the gravel.

Other than that, it looks good for being one of your first couple!

Dan

Lux Lawn
05-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Job came out very nice.

NNJLandman
05-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Yea man, came out great, the only thing I woulda changed is the pattern of the pavers, but other than that it looks awesome. Patio even came out good with the uncut pattern heh, cutting is that too bad once you get used to it and have the right equipment.

Jeff

terracare
05-20-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't really care much for the design...

CedarStore
03-19-2010, 12:54 PM
This looks great! I have to say, as I was looking at the photos I kept thinking "I wonder what kind of seating they're going to put out there." Adirondack Chairs probably look fantastic!

Great job-- keep up the good work. :)

hoskm01
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
With only a two piece pattern, you could have easily done a random, interlocking pattern and still ended with straight, non-cut edges. To each his own. Looks usable.

EagleLandscape
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
this thread is 6 years old...

Rex Mann
03-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Wonder if the guy that started thread is still posting on here.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversExperts.Com