PDA

View Full Version : Annual flower program

DowntoEarthLLC
05-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Anyone out there got some good suggestions on setting up a good annual maintenance program?

I'm about to install alot of annuals, wanna sell them a care program too... I don't cut grass, so I won't be on the property allready for that...

Ideas???

urbanlandscape
05-12-2004, 09:26 PM
I'll post since you're in Virginia and won't be taking over my niche! Just joking. Offer monthly or biweekly maintenance. Most annuals are fine by themselves, other than weeding. Some need the regular deadheading to keep them blooming and liquid fertilizer is always a good boost throughout the season. My maintenance visits for garden and landscape beds starts at $90 a visit. Once a month for basic landscapes with mulch and lower maintenance plantings, twice a month for larger jobs with more tedious tasks. Keep in mind that my clients beds are well maintained, as I work with a core base of forty homes that I have been maintaining for 6 years. Most get mulch every year except the annual beds. Landscapes that haven't been well maintained will need a few years to get under control. I just started using corn gluten meal to help control weeds in annual beds, which so far is working great.

DowntoEarthLLC
05-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Awsome, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I've heard alot about using corn meal... I should use it more.