PDA

View Full Version : 2000 F250 HD

mountainviewland
12-08-2000, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. My truck is stalling when I apply brakes when in drive. It seems to only happen when the truck warms up. But not every time.

KirbysLawn
12-09-2000, 02:54 AM
Gas or diesel?

mountainviewland
12-09-2000, 08:28 AM
Sorry guys its a gas engine V8 5.4

mountainviewland
12-15-2000, 07:20 PM
I never said what happened when it stalled. It felt like I forgot to push in the clutch when I stepped on the brake. By the way it is an automatic. Thought I would tell you guy's what the outcome was. The dealer said they could not find anything wrong. But they did say that it could be from when the plow was put on and the battery was disconnected. My mechanic said that the tourque converter probably was not unlocking. So we will see what happens.

mowerconsultant
12-15-2000, 08:12 PM
I have a family member(he is a design engineer) that works for New Venture Gear, the company that makes almost all the transfer cases out there.
His first comment on my 2000 f-250 sd was about tailshaft alignment into the transfer case.
he states that ford had this problem (when istalling the units) on these trucks until july of this year. if your truck was built before july of this year i would take it to ford and have them check the transfer case, for lock up problems caused by misaligned shafts.
when this happens it takes out the carrier bearing on the input shaft of the transfer case, and damages the shift forks.
he claimed this was more common to happen on the trucks with a manual shift 4 wheel drive, not electric.
also he stated that ford does not have a recall on this and you may have to push the issue with the dealer.
hope this helps you out.