PDA

View Full Version : MSMA in Perma Green?

ArchiesLawns
05-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Has anyone ever used MSMA in there Perma Green? If so, at what rate did you apply it and what kind of results did you get?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Archie

lawnservice
05-13-2004, 03:05 PM
off the top of my head...i beleive the label calls for 2 gals of water PER 1000sf when using MSMA

SO, no, I wouldnt use it in the ride on

tremor
05-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I know applicators who get good results with very low volume application equipment & MSMA. But it is illegal & not very forgiving.

MrBarefoot
05-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Last year, I heard about some very bad things happening to people who used MSMA through a perma green.

I used MSMA last year spraying it by hand, and I had some buring in the overlapping areas. This year I bought a PermaGreen and I will NOT put MSMA in it.

weedmaster
05-14-2004, 03:11 PM
I put 16oz msma in 8 gallons in my Permagreen Ultra and used the high flow jets (White)designed for high gear only I used low gear. It fried the grassy stuff just turned it brown within 3 days. The bermuda looks fine after 1 week but I did use extra water by driving in low gear. I think it is going to work fine using MSMA this way. The weather was around 80 degrees nights around 60. I would not use MSMA in the ULTRA as calibrated you have to put half the chemical and put down more water like I did.