PDA

View Full Version : A pesticide app. problem

Olylawnboy
05-13-2004, 02:33 AM
I've taken on a bunch of small accounts from a property management Co. and I want to ask you all for some advice. These properties are covered with weeds (mostly dandelions and such) and I have to get rid of them. No prob right! But what do you do when you have to spray, knowing that kids will be coming home after school and playing in the grass? Posting flags are really meaningless to them, much less to the parents. So I ask, do you change your route and try to spray in the the AM? So as to let the pesticide dry before they get home? Or just spray and put out your flags as required?....Oly

lawnservice
05-13-2004, 02:56 PM
yep, thats why I hate doing apartments, condos and the like.

we generally will do our best to do them when the kiddies are off at school. Tough to do in the summer when they are all over the place.

On sites that this is a particular problem we will notify the management company that we will be out on such & such date in the AM, make it their responsibility to notify parents to keep the kids off the lawn until product dries. If this fails to work, we will treat the areas we feel will not cause us a liability problem, and charge for the whole property.

LwnmwrMan22
05-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Do it in the AM. We maintain a school district and the 3 elementary schools, all work is performed on the weekends until school is out for the summer. I want as little risk of liability as possible.

At the same time, even if you finish in the afternoon, I suppose you could get some of that yellow "contruction" or "police" tape and rope off the areas that may not be quite dry.

After all, if you're following the laws, there's no law to regulate someone else's stupidity.