PDA

View Full Version : New Z mounted spyker 220.

Gtotoy
05-13-2004, 08:16 AM
~~Just got a Spyker 220 mounted on my brand new Everide Warrior.
Any opions on this setup, any tips to using her? I'll post pics later.~~

moonkat
05-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Gtotoy:
What is a Spyker ?!
Sounds like a plugger/aerator !?
I'll have to google it.

I'm looking for one for my Warrior 60"

moonkat (aka everrider2)

FERT-TEK
05-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Check out Gator-ator at the top, good product

moonkat
05-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Wow,
Serius spreader......

Gtotoy
05-14-2004, 12:01 AM
~~Sorry, It's a 220 Lb. spreader mounted on a Warrior , Electric motor ,yeh yeh,, Won't be using for the first time till this Monday, so was looking for any tips.~~

Gtotoy
05-14-2004, 10:38 PM
~~No-one has a Z mounted spreader????????~~~ This is actully a real thread that has meaning and purpose here, not the generic ""What mower do I buy"~~

Runner
05-14-2004, 10:54 PM
there are a few on here that have them mounted on their Z. There are a few issues of concern with this type of set-up, though. The first being calibration. There is just no sure way to see to it that your machine only does a peak, consistent speed. Some have rigged up speedometers on their machines, but again, there is no consistency. You would almost ned some sort of restricter bar of some sort to make sure your handles only go so far forward. Even then, you would have to have a set # of rpm to run. The other issue is safety. These things are a joke for applying anything with a pesticide in it. You are just sitting way to close to the level that the material is being thrown. You are continuously breathing in a great amount of dust without even realizing it. There was a guy that came into Lesco one day telling us how great his setup worked. He had yellow all over his face and forehead. I didn't say anything to him, but I could tell we were all thinking the same thing. After he left, we were talking about how we could not even beLIEVE what we just saw.
With a standup machine, this wouldn't be so bad, like I say, as long as you could regulate your speed somehow. With most machines, even at just over idle, you would still have way too much ground speed.

EJK2352
05-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Gtotoy
~~No-one has a Z mounted spreader????????~~~ This is actully a real thread that has meaning and purpose here, not the generic ""What mower do I buy"~~

I used to have a spreader and sprayer for my Lazer. I ditched it for a Perma-Green ride on spreader.

specialtylc
05-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Runner
there are a few on here that have them mounted on their Z. There are a few issues of concern with this type of set-up, though. The first being calibration. There is just no sure way to see to it that your machine only does a peak, consistent speed. Some have rigged up speedometers on their machines, but again, there is no consistency. You would almost ned some sort of restricter bar of some sort to make sure your handles only go so far forward. Even then, you would have to have a set # of rpm to run. The other issue is safety. These things are a joke for applying anything with a pesticide in it. You are just sitting way to close to the level that the material is being thrown. You are continuously breathing in a great amount of dust without even realizing it. There was a guy that came into Lesco one day telling us how great his setup worked. He had yellow all over his face and forehead. I didn't say anything to him, but I could tell we were all thinking the same thing. After he left, we were talking about how we could not even beLIEVE what we just saw.
With a standup machine, this wouldn't be so bad, like I say, as long as you could regulate your speed somehow. With most machines, even at just over idle, you would still have way too much ground speed.
And I suppose your feet are calibrated to the perfect speed. I have a 100 pound fert spreader on my Z. Been using it for 5 years. And I use a boom spray setup on it also. You learn the proper speed with use, Just like the guy with a backpack sprayer or 300 ft of hose off a truck. Or the guy thats pushing the hand spreader.
I would be a little concerned about using a 220 pound hopper on a Z mower though.
And to EKJ. Why spend $6000 or more for a Perma Green that is going to break down on a regular basis. At least thats what is being said on the Pest-Fert site.

Gtotoy
05-16-2004, 01:48 AM
~~Thanks for the reply's I'll be using it for the first time on Monday.~~

jajwrigh
05-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Spykers are really high quality and I was planning on getting a few later this year!

Gtotoy
05-26-2004, 10:29 AM
~~Well guys not so sure that I have the 220, I believe it's the 120. We can only put in about 150 lbs. of fert.. But anyway I am in love, very easy to operate. What was taking three days to do by pushing has been chopped down to 1 , Like I said I'm in love.~~

LawnSmith
05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
we run the JRCO electric spreader on one of our Turf Tigers. being in the path of progress so to speak, is correct. when spreading anything be sure to wear the proper protection because you will eat, breathe, and sweat a lot of the product into your body if you arent careful.

EDIT: also, calibration is easy and your owners manual should have several suggestions on how to do so. we measured out 88ft and timed ourselves from point A-B orginally until we got it dialed in. now we just use GPS that gives a constant MPH readout.

cantoo
05-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Gtoboy, I have a few different machines that I have mounted electric spreaders to over the years. Most of them are here if you do a search under my user name, cantoo. Lawngodfather had some he made too. We also have electric sprayers that you might want to look at. FYI I pay about Can $500 for my spreaders and they last about 3 years before I sell them for about 1/2 price and buy a new one. I calibrate mine several times each year and I prefer to spread a wide lighter pattern and make several passes to prevent green spots or misses. My properies are bigger rural lots so it's not as picky as city lots.