PDA

View Full Version : z spray and gate size?

Shady Brook
05-13-2004, 11:05 PM
How big of a gate can you safely get through with a z spray? Are the dimensions different between the z spray, and the jr? What kind of price are you fellas paying for these dream machines?

Thanks a bunch
Jay

greenerpastures
05-15-2004, 09:32 PM
You will need every bit of 54" for the z. The jr. is smaller in width. Last fall, one could be bought and shipped for less than 8K. So far, I have considered mine to be a very good value even at that price. They are built in Lebanon, In. so you should pay Tom a visit.

Dman1214
05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
greener pastures, what is yout average lawn size? can you use the z on most of yours lawns, even the cut up ones?

greenerpastures
05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
The vast majority of my accounts are acre+ estates, school property and some commercial properties. I do have my share of city lots which the z can do if the gates are wide. If that was the majority of my business, I would look at a z jr. Being that I operate in a fairly close radius to my shop, I still pull out the hose rig for a day and catch the small props all at once---or simply backpack/push them. Being that many of those estates have pool areas with narrow gates, I always have to carry a backpack and push spreader---it keeps me humble. The z does have an optional 50' hose reel to reach the really tough places.