PDA

View Full Version : 203 Transfer Case Help

Zooman
12-09-2000, 11:48 AM
I stripped the threads where the speedometer screws on to at the transfer case(the part that threads onto the case-203)
I want to swap the tail cone with another 203 that I have.
The one in my truck is converted to part-time and my spare if full-time.
I pulled the tail cone off of my spare 203 and a bunch off fairly large needle bearing fell out.
I have know idea were these are supposed to go. Does someone have a diagrahm or some thing that would show me where to put these?
Will I have the same problem on the 203 in my truck?
Thanks for the help everyone, I am really stuck on this.
Zooman

4x4k20
12-09-2000, 12:35 PM
the needle bearing go in the tailshaft you have to put them in there first to see if they are all there then put grease on them to hold them in place when you put it back together

Zooman
12-09-2000, 02:57 PM
I have looked but I can not see where those bearings go.
Any ideas where I could get a picture that shows me where they go?
Thanks for the help

4x4k20
12-09-2000, 10:02 PM
go to milemarker.com they sell the part time 4x2 conversion kit they should be able to send you installtion sheet on what you need i dont kown where else to look i checked my chevy manauls but no luck but i am sure they go in the tailshaft section of the tailshaft there is a round hole in the tailshaft that they go in not the end where you slip on the driveshaft

Zooman
12-24-2000, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the Help guys.
I went to milemarkers web site and sent them a email with my problem. The very next day I recieved a response email from them saying that they where sending me the instructions on how to install there part-time kit. It also showed how to put these bearings back in.
Matt