PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk P/U truck bed sprayers........

Green Pastures
05-14-2004, 10:03 AM
I need one.

I've looked at Lesco only.

I've looked at 200 gal units only. That's really all I need.

What have you got?

What do you recommend?

Pics?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda's ?!?!?

I've LONG since outgrown the 5 gal backpack sprayer, but did not want to spend the money till I had to walk 20 some acres with that same 5 gal backpack sprayer this spring.......

;)

Some help guy's......

Advice......

rookiemower
05-14-2004, 11:01 AM
try http://www.northerntool.com they have spray tanks. alittle off the subject but my uncle bought a bunch of nursery equipment when they auctioned it off. i got a 100 gallon tank and a five hp briggs pump for spraying for $20 all i need now is a hose reel. (the briggs starts on the third pull):D

Potchkins
05-14-2004, 12:48 PM
20-25gal spray rig
on the back of a four-wheeler

philk17088
05-14-2004, 09:59 PM
I jhave 2 of the lesco 200 gal space savers. Not a single complaint so far other than the hose is a little too heavy that came standard on it. Paid $2900 for each. They have hypro pumps that are a breeze to maintain.

rob1325
05-14-2004, 10:06 PM
300 Gal Fiberglass Lesco.

specialtylc
05-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I bought one of the Northerntools 200 gal units 7 years ago. Has worked good. The frames are kinda flimsy, but they were using good components. Honda 5.5 OHV, D30 Hypro, Electric hose reel, But the tank plumbing was kinda cheap. I have since rebuilt it using a 525 gallon tank on my self built frame.

rob1325
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I forgot to say, I like the Lesco fiber tank because I like the mechanical agitation in the tank. Makes useing wettable powder easier.

Green Pastures
05-15-2004, 12:47 AM
So far I'm looking at....

http://www.lesco.com/default.aspx?PageID=27&ItemNumber=704608

kppurn
05-15-2004, 01:16 AM
That's a nice spray rig you are looking at.

As of right now, I just have a 50 gallon Lesco tank with the Hannay electric reel and 300 ft. hose. When this tank becomes a hassle like the backpacks did before, I will seriously look at upgrading to the spacesaver unit or a ride on.

Pilgrims' Pride
05-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Hey GP,

Have you considered a ride on?
There are a few around.
The Perma-green gets mixed reviews but as you can see if you do a search the z-spray is a great machine.
There is also a company called C & S turf equipment that sells a ride-on as well.
If you are serious about the sprayer, I suggest going all the way and stop pushing that spreader!
E-mail John at jasant2@comcast.net.
Look at csturfequip.com you can see the turf tracker jr there.
This Jonh has a turf tracker jr that is priced right.
It is around $4000
Good luck

Tscape
05-15-2004, 08:33 AM
I have a Lesco 300 fiberglass I may be willing to sell.

MOW ED
05-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Scott,
I was in your shoes (literally walking with BP) a few years ago. I considered a PU/Tank sprayer but then learned that towing a hose 300' could be a pain also.
I designed my own 35gal sprayer for the Walker. It uses the switch in the control panel and is wired with a trailer connector and fuse. I built a 8' spread breakaway boom off the back. The whole works cost me around 350.00. The beauty is that I spray Speedzone and I get up aprox. 50,000 sq ft out of a 35 gal tank.
I use this on all my properties and cover alot of ground real quick with little fatigue from hauling a hose or backpack sprayer.

Walker sells a front mount system for their mower. I would say consider using this type of arrangement prior to buying a tank sprayer. It makes me a good amount of cash with little work. The spray is a course 80 degree fan at 18" so it is good in breezy conditions too.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do by any means but just consider an alternate method that works for me. PM me if you need more info.

Green Dreams
05-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Pretty cool fellas. I am waiting on my rig from Westheffer. Go to www.westheffer.com and put your mouse on (but DON'T click) where it says "Turf" under the "Westheffer Products". The pic of my rig will pop up. But I have 2 reels coming, one for each side. One side is 85 gals and one is 190 gals. Perfect for lawns and shrubs. This rig with 2 reels and two motors and pumps runs $5500. But if you see the set-up, it leaves alot of room for granualr fert and a spreader. It can also go on a 3/4 ton truck as the weight is way up front. Good agitiation as well. This is what we used at my last employer before "big brother" bought him out and let us go....

Field General
05-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I purchased a unit from Turbo Technologies.It was custom built for me. It has a 200 gal. tank I use for veg control work and an additional 50 gallon tank that I use for selective applications. It has a 6.5 horse briggs engine, hydro pump and 300' hose reel.
I like the unit as ....I guess if I could make one change it would be to have an electric rewind.I paid a little over $2200 for it...no delivery fee for me as I live close enough to the production site that I drove over and picked it up.