PDA

View Full Version : Domain ?

BC Lawns
05-15-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm about to have a template designed..
I purchased my hosting service today, yet hesitated to register the domain name...

QUESTION for any and all---

Should I go with 1) BUSINESSNAME+LAWNS.COM or
2) TOWNSNAME+LAWNS.COM ??? :confused:

Both are available
-My biz name is 2 words, 12 letters total.
-Town's name is 7 letters.

I have heard it's not always the best to go with the biz name as your domain.

Option 2 would feed search engines MUCH better (town + lawns). Neither relate me to the green industry too much. I guess I could add 'lawncare' to my biz name in order to relate me more, yet this would be too much for a domain name..
Do you see where I'm coming from??? Please help.. Tell me what you all have experienced as far as your website..

Thanks for any and all input--:):

Rex Mann
05-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Why not do both of them? It is not that much money.

Peace,

Rex

BC Lawns
05-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Good stuff..

What about print media (truck signage)??

What should I put on such?

Team Gopher
05-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi BC Lawns,

If you can get your website address on your truck and trailer, that would look great and help direct new customers to you.

Turboguy
05-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I think your best advertising bet is to go with your business name Plus lawns. It is going to help promote your business which is the key. You can work the town name into your description and title sections of your meta tags. ( Also try to mention it in the early part of the text)

If you think that the town+lawncare will get you traffic follow rex's advice and get both. If you get your name through GoDaddy you are only looking at $ 8.95 a year for each and they will put a free pointer on the one you are not using so it automattically goes to the site you do have active. I have about a dozen names with pointers on them.

Good luck. I can see you are coming up with some good thoughts about promoting your business.

Palmer Lawn Care
06-01-2004, 06:25 PM
yeah, i would put your business name and then lawns as your domain name, the favorite place for domains is godaddy.com.