PDA

View Full Version : 2-4-D Application

lowmiler
05-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I would like to apply Amine 400 2-4-D weed killer on my Ky31 lawn, I have a two gallon sprayer. How should this be mixed?

timturf
05-15-2004, 06:30 PM
follow label instructions!

lowmiler
05-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Now that was helpfull. Please someone who "knows" and has experience using this .

ArizPestWeed
05-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Tim
What he means is
Those of us that are licensed to apply pesticides know that we are suppose to follow the label .
It's the law .
We all know what the correct amount is because we read and follow the label .
We have to know the label in it's entirity

Thats what you need to do .

What you are asking is for us to read it and tell you what it says

Please , read the label your self so you will know .

Green Pastures
05-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Follow the instructions on the label.

lowmiler
05-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Okay the Label tells me to apply four onces for a two to three gallons of water. i did this but it caused the grass to yellow. Following the label. This is for my lawn not my customers.

ArizPestWeed
05-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, did the weeds die ?

Never happened to me .

Did you soak the ground with it ?

Did you need a surfactant ?

hole in one lco
05-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Go to lesco and buy momentum and mix 1.5 onces per gallon. weeds die and the grass stays green.

neal-wolbertsinc
05-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Did the label say 4 oz in 2-3 gallons of water for 1000/sq. ft.? Did you apply to less than that? If so, the burn was because you OD'd and hurt the grass. You'll need to calibrate so you know how much you are spraying at any given speed and pattern width. This is a pretty easy thing to do. If you need help, let me know. Neal

lowmiler
05-16-2004, 03:57 PM
The weeds died a quick and painless death. The grass, on the other hand, suffered needlessly. Grass did not die out but does look abused. I guess i put it on thick. I have always used Scotts products but they have never worked. Just thought I would try a liquid product. I am looking into a liquid fertilizer. Anyone with any ideas/ The nearest lesco dealer is 90 miles away. Not practical.

neal-wolbertsinc
05-16-2004, 04:21 PM
What do you want to provide in your liquid fertilizer package? Organic? Synthetic? Best of both? Check out www.agrigro.com for the organic approach. There are lots of other choices I'm sure. If you weren't so far away the products on our website would deserve consideration (www.wolberts.com-click on Plant Essentials logo). We distribute through the Wilbur Ellis Co. but I don't believe they stretch into your neck of the woods. Been using and improving liquid fertilizers for nearly 20 years and have learned allot. Glad to help if I can. Neal