PDA

View Full Version : Help! Z-spray owners!!

Tscape
05-16-2004, 11:40 AM
I am noticing that my first round done with my new Z-spray has produced stripes. I am going in a typical back and forth pattern, hitting the wheel marks from the previous pass. I notice that a heavier amount of fert seems to be coming from the operator's left side. I am sure that this is producing the stripe. I have thought it was hitting the deflector shield, which is in the "up" position, but now I am not so sure. I have dialed my throw down to 7 but this doesn't help either. Any ideas?

Tscape
05-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Buehler? ........Buehler?

Tscape
05-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Has anyone experienced this or what? I think the deflector is part of the problem. I have had it all the way up and parallel to the ground, but it seems to be in the way in either position.

cemars
05-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Turfscape LLC
I am noticing that my first round done with my new Z-spray has produced stripes. I am going in a typical back and forth pattern, hitting the wheel marks from the previous pass. I notice that a heavier amount of fert seems to be coming from the operator's left side. I am sure that this is producing the stripe. I have thought it was hitting the deflector shield, which is in the "up" position, but now I am not so sure. I have dialed my throw down to 7 but this doesn't help either. Any ideas?

I have done aver 500 acres this spring without noticing this problem. As for the impeller speed, 7 is the highest setting I have used, usually 6-7. I have had to use the hopper adjustment to even the spread pattern at times. On thing you need to check regularly is that the impeller blades are clean. Often times material will begin to build up on the impeller blades and this will cause problems with the pattern. A small amount may hit the deflector, but I doubt that is the problem

Tscape
05-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Happy ending! I don't know why I didn't just call Tom Rich in the first place. One of his employees saw my post here, told him, and he called me. It was the handle next to the hopper open/close handle ( the one whose purpose I had no clue about- slept through the demo, I guess). That adjusts flow for different prill sizes and I had it all the way in which is the setting for micro prills.

Thank you cemars for your input.

Thank you Tom Rich for being better at customer support than anyone should have to be.

And people still consider buying similar equipment from other manufacturers? I swear this is a true, unsolicited story!

greenerpastures
05-19-2004, 07:17 AM
glad it worked out-

Like cemars, 6 impellar speed is about right for my type of fert. The spread adjustment is VERY sensitive. But I still spread in circular fashion as old habits are hard to end and just in case my pattern is slightly off. I do use a foam marker to mark my trail.

LwnmwrMan22
05-19-2004, 04:19 PM
I agree with greener, it's hard to break the habit of indy laps around a yard.