PDA

View Full Version : Trouble spot

edger
05-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Little help needed tonight!

The first pic attached is that of one of my new clients. Thus this is something new to me. They have stated that they had their hot water heater replaced about 4 weeks prior to them calling me. They are on city water.

The turf is centipede. These people at big golfers and what the turf fixed. So is this spot worth trying to get new growth growing? Is it going to be better to dig dead out with soil and replace with good soil and sod over?

I have been told by some one that i may want to try flowable charcoal. This would be the first time ever using this kind of product. So I'm not sure as what to expect for results.

Thanks

Chris

edger
05-20-2004, 07:49 AM
38 views and no one has anything to add?

Chris

Grassmechanic
05-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Dig it out and re-sod.

Turf Medic
05-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Are they saying that the hot water heater was left laying there to drain? If so there are probably all kinds of mineral salts in the ground. Get out the shovels, you are going to have to dig out the area, I would get down at least 6inches, refill with good top soil and reseed accordingly

MOW ED
05-20-2004, 08:33 AM
The water heater is full of minerals, scale and rust. Unfortunately I would have to say that you will be digging out and down a bit to either re-sod (if that is an option) or reseed. Personally I wouldn't mess with the charcoal. If youu want an interesting printout, core a few samples and take it to Lesco to test. I think you will have some off the chart numbers. Let us know what happens.