PDA

View Full Version : I Passed!!!!!

chimmygew
05-19-2004, 11:40 PM
I usually only go the the commercial section, but I will be visiting this section a lot more. Passed my test for core exam and category 3b today. I was a nervous wreck. Sending off for my license tomorrow. I will have a ton of questions for you guys.....

robertsturf
05-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Congratulations I know the feeling, I passed my test 2months ago also!

HayBay
05-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Congrats.

Its a waiting game here in Ontario.

Pass the Core and Landscaping exam $150. Wait 2 weeks for results.

Apply to the Ministry of Environment with Exam Results $90 for 5 years. Wait 2 weeks for Pesticide Licence.

Obtain General Liability Insurance and then apply for an Operators Licence with proof of your Pesticide Licence $200. Guess What, Wait 2-3 weeks for you Operators Licence to arrive.

7 weeks of waiting.

Waiting for the Core and Landscape results is a nail biter.

Some of the insurance companys say they want 1-3 years experience before giving out insurance.

Got a quote for $1600 Pesticide/Snow/Landscape $1Million general Liability. They want 1year experience.

Got a quote for $1200 Pesticide Apps and Landscape general Liability $1Million only. No experience but they want $2500 extra to cover for Snow Plow Liability. This includes $25,000 in Equipment.

Not consistent at all in my opinion.

Hope the info helps

belmontebuilt
02-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Congrats.

Its a waiting game here in Ontario.

Pass the Core and Landscaping exam $150. Wait 2 weeks for results.

Apply to the Ministry of Environment with Exam Results $90 for 5 years. Wait 2 weeks for Pesticide Licence.

Obtain General Liability Insurance and then apply for an Operators Licence with proof of your Pesticide Licence $200. Guess What, Wait 2-3 weeks for you Operators Licence to arrive.

7 weeks of waiting.

Waiting for the Core and Landscape results is a nail biter.

Some of the insurance companys say they want 1-3 years experience before giving out insurance.

Got a quote for $1600 Pesticide/Snow/Landscape $1Million general Liability. They want 1year experience.

Got a quote for $1200 Pesticide Apps and Landscape general Liability $1Million only. No experience but they want $2500 extra to cover for Snow Plow Liability. This includes $25,000 in Equipment.

Not consistent at all in my opinion.

Hope the info helps
I am writing my core exam and module exam soon. I have studied both manuals but wanted to know the level of difficulty.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

gardenkeeper88
02-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Congrats had my lic since 1983. Thanks for doing it the right way.

gebby
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Congratulations !! I got mine about a year ago. Keep reading and learning. I put it off forever and am very happy to have it now.

atasteofnature
02-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Great Job! Always seeing the classes at the Daniel Center at Purdue filled! Glad to know so many are doing the right thing. I got mine in the fall...such a great feeling! Enjoy!

Peachtree Environmental
02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Awesome, passed mine last Friday as well! When in doubt, READ and FOLLOW the label.

Vanlue_b
02-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I usually only go the the commercial section, but I will be visiting this section a lot more. Passed my test for core exam and category 3b today. I was a nervous wreck. Sending off for my license tomorrow. I will have a ton of questions for you guys.....

Congrats!!!! I will be going to the 2 day training program in march, and I am planing on taking the tests some time after that. Ive been studying the books like crazy. Do you got any advcie on what to study.

jd20series
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I just got mine this winter too. Great feeling to know you're doing it right! Jim.