PDA

View Full Version : asv rc60 or cat247?

mdscaper
05-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I know the engines and undercarriage are identical, lifting capacity nearly identical. As far as anyone knows is there any advantage to having the chassis specifically built for the track machine? I could go either way, but am leaning toward asv. The dealer is smaller, a little more personal in service (the salesman is also a partner), but I know Cat has a larger parts inventory available and a bigger dealer network. Contrary to what I have read, the Asv is actually priced a little higher, but he came down to match the Cat price.
Any advice would be appreciated.

toy1
05-21-2004, 02:10 PM
I have a Cat 257 I purchased before the rc60 was available from what I can see the rc60 is much closer to the Cat 247/257 then the rc50. From my point of view the Cat 257 is one excellant machine I can not express the the power the machine has and the excellant vantage point you have over your work tools. I also believe the Cat may have a better resale value.

Scag48
05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't know if the ASV has pilot operated joysticks. For me, that is an awesome feature, pretty much the deciding factor for us when we bought our 216. I really don't think you can go wrong with either of them, honestly.

Tigerotor77W
05-22-2004, 05:56 PM
ASV does have pilot operated joysticks. In fact, they are taken right out of the Cat skid steers.

The RC-50 vs. 247... they are essentially, as you mentioned, identical. However, the lift characteristics and ground clearance of each model may differ slightly. The ASV may offer more ground clearance, for example, but the Cat may have more reach and breakout force (just guessing about those numbers). Dealer service will be nearly identical; Cat dealers are supposed to service ASV as well.