PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS in NC!

Tharrell
05-21-2004, 06:57 AM
I went to a general class on weeds to get 2 credits on the 19th. I was told that the test to get your ground applicator license is going to change around sept. It's going to get a lot harder and I'm glad. I'm assuming enforcement is going to increase also by the way the instructors were talking, GOOD! I only saw one applicator that I knew and none of the other guys that are running around with backpack sprayers on their trailers. See, they have citizens calling them and asking questions about the treatments they are getting and apparently the guys doing the apps are not licensed. I love it, I love it, I love it!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Yaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

CRM Lawncare
05-21-2004, 04:02 PM
I just took the ornamental and turf section in March and passed. The instructor told me to hurry and pass the test. He said the new study guide was being finalized and is suppoused to be 150+ pages and very difficult. Glad I passed and got it out of the way.

Charlie
CRM Lawncare

Tharrell
05-22-2004, 07:22 AM
That's what they told us also. I passed 2 years ago and thought at the time it was a very simple test. Made me wonder why EVERYONE wasn't legal. Did you know you can look up every licensed applicator online? Bet the unlicensed applicators don't know that!!! Also, bet all the unlicensed applicators don't know their customers are calling the NCDA county agents with questions about their service!!! YAAAAAAHHHH!!! ha ha ha ha

Aleman
05-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Whats the web site for doing that?

Tharrell
05-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Just do a google search on ncda and follow the Licensing area.

PCM-LC
05-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I took the test Ornments and Turfgrass test last week, don't know if I passed it. The man giving the test did say they are in the process of revising all the manual and tests and it will be much more in debth. Should take effect around August. If I had studied more on the diseases and not so much on the other BS, I would have passed without any worry.

Just in case that I did not pass, I am scheduled to take the class on 6/28/04. I have heard they plan to increase enforcement. I know a fellow that got a $4000 ticket for not having his liscense

Tharrell
05-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Ha ha ha. One of the questions when I took the test was:"Who is the commisioner of agriculture?" Answer: Meg Scott Phipps, she's in jail now! I'm all for enforcement. There won't be many "SCRUBS" if they really enforce the law. Applications is what I really want to do but so many people are doing it without a license and doing it for nothing just so they can cut the grass. Hey, there ain't many scrubs in structural pest control because there are major fines and jail time. Bring it on!!!