PDA

View Full Version : Exmark bags... Cost?

TROTTMAN
05-21-2004, 02:54 PM
How much for bag for eXmarks? In different sizes too.

Also, how much for Husqvarna large walkbehinds (WHF series 42/48/52). Thanks.

PeterA
05-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Trottman,
Price varies a bit from dealer to dealer. List price is $329.00 for the GCEX, $459.00 for the GCEXXL. Extenders for the GCEX are $219.00 list, for the GCEXXL $275.00 List. The GCEX and GCEXXL were designed for the Exmark mowers, but you can also use it on the Husqvarna mowers. You will have to drill a small hole (5/8) at the front of the rim that runs along the top of the mower (on the Exmark it is pre punched at the factory), but otherwise the openings are very close in size.

TROTTMAN
05-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Ok, so now that I got the pricing, I want to have an idea of how much it holds. I know they say 2-3 bushels or whatever, but I really don't know what that means in a practical application. How long can you mow through, lets say grass that is about 2-3 inches tall. Do you have to empty it like every few minutes or is it more like 5-10 or what? How many dumps total for an avarage sized lawn? I just want some kind of an idea.

I understand that there are so many variables that you have to take into account so I know it will be a very approximate answer before you responde.

Thanks for the quick responce.

PeterA
05-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Trottman,
In our area lawns are not real big, maybe 4000-5000 SQ ft is typical. When the grass is growing fast in the spring, you usually dump once in the middle of the job and once at the end. In the summer you can often get the whole lawn in one bag. In your area I am sure you would need to dump a bunch more (Texas has big lawns, I'm sure). Maybe some of the guys could post their experiences?

TROTTMAN
05-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Okay thanks for the information. I think I may have to dump it at least 2 times and probably up to 4 based on what you said. I don't mind dumping 2-5 times total a lawn. Thats no big deal, but on the 21" mowers it because a huge nuisance since you have to dump around 15-20 times! Thanks for the information.

PeterA
05-22-2004, 11:41 PM
One more thing- if you really want to minimize dumping be sure to get the XL size catcher.

TROTTMAN
05-23-2004, 01:56 AM
When they get totally filled up with clippings, do they make the mower lean to one side a little bit, especially with the XL size? I imagine it gets REALLY heavy hehe. Not to mention if the grass is wet!

PeterA
05-23-2004, 03:13 PM
It might, depending on how big the deck is and how it is mounted to the frame (floating or fixed). Some of the other guys on the forum have posted about this- you might do a seach on "accelerator" for some feedback. Grass is 7 to 12 lbs. per cubic foot, so the jumbo catcher is around 85 Lbs when full (assuming 10 lbs per cubic foot plus 23 lbs for the catcher itself). Compared to the weight of the deck, the catcher is not all that heavy (as long as you don't have a cheap stamped deck made out of light gauge material).