PDA

View Full Version : just thinking...

BSME
05-24-2004, 02:43 PM
about that new "Flow click Flow Sensor" thing that is supposed to shut off the valve when there is a leak or what not (assuming i heard correctly) ... now i'm sure someone has already accounted for this but I was just wondering in case I run into this situation while starting up a system I've never seen before...
Will this Flow Click shut off the valve when you first turn on a zone in the spring while the water is rushing to fill up the pipes?
I'm asking only because if one day I run into this problem I'd like to know how to bypass this ahead of time without toying with it and learning on the spot.
Thanks... hope you guys dont live in this area of the rainiest May ever... if anyone is running their sprinklers they're crazy..

aquamtic
05-24-2004, 03:02 PM
I believe you can bypass the sensor at the control end. Or you can turn up to pressure limit to where it would not cause the sensor to shut down the valve

aquamtic
05-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Another note! When starting up in the spring- one should never just gush open the shut off valve anyways.

Openings should consist of small amounts of water running through a little at a time. I'll take up to a minute or 2 to open up a valve to prevent any hammer and stress to the components that have been hibernating all winter

BSME
05-24-2004, 04:31 PM
You mean ball valves and gate valves on the backflow and inside right... even after I got the main line filled up each individual line would rush to fill up after that solenoid opens... and that's where I thought the sensor comes in

aquamtic
05-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Even so you should'nt have a problem- That Flow CLick should be installed right in the valave box anyways. You can disconnect it if you have to but I truly believe you can bypass at the control panel that comes with it and is mounted by the controller.