PDA

View Full Version : Pic of My Rig

FreshCuts
05-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Here is a couple of pics of my set up. Before I get blasted about the Murray, I only used it on 2 jobs that have a bunch of gumball trees and very little grass under them and mosty weeds and sticks and blades are much ceaper for it since I already had several sets. I also used it on one that has a fenced in aread with a 48" gate. I have used it 3 times to pull the mighty Gravely from the mud. It does much better in muddy areas. I am doing this part time right now trying to grow the buisness. The Gravely was the new addition this year bacause of mostly rural areas that I mostly work in have big open lots. Now I have begun to get calls from small city lots so I bought the 21" Toro. I hope to buy a 36" walkbehind next year if things progress. Enough babbling here are the pics.

FreshCuts
05-25-2004, 04:46 PM
My trailer set up. The trailer is muti-use trailer. The sides are removable that makes it a flat bed for use as a car hauler or what ever I might need. It tilts to help unload mulch gravel or what ever. I use ramps for equipment instead of a gate because my tractor and bush hog hangs about a 18" off the back. If things keep progressing I plan on going to an enclosed trailer to cut down on storage in my shop.

TLS
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Nice setup.

You need a drop gate on that trailer though!

FreshCuts
05-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks. I edited the post above about the trailer. It explains the missing drop gate. The rear gate swings open either direction.

work4green
05-25-2004, 08:33 PM
You can build a removable ramp with pipe for a sleeve and bar stock for the hinge pin. Thats what I made for mine. I can take pics if you need to see it.

Andy

FreshCuts
05-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Makeing isnt a prob. I have made plenty. The ramps are stored under the rear of the trailer and they work fine for now. I might change it later but the takeing the gate off and on looks like too much of a hassle at this point.

MudslinginFX4
05-25-2004, 10:32 PM
FreshCuts, I like the removable sides on the trailer, looks like that could really come in handy! Just wondering, how much would something like that cost? It look really sturdy.

FreshCuts
05-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Dont know how much it would cost. I built it years ago and just added the expanded metal sides. It used to have removable wood sides but they gave it up last year. I figure I have about a $1000 in materials and the way they have gone up lately it would prob cost about $2000 or more to reproduce it. It has a steel floor. Very easy to get musch, gravel, or what ever out of it.

kc2006
05-26-2004, 09:47 AM
the trailer looks very much like the trailers we use for our race cars. The trailers we have are about 3500-4500 but they're very strong and all diamond plate.

Nice rig by the way!

Team Gopher
05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi FreshCuts,

Nice looking truck :)

tiedeman
05-30-2004, 04:27 PM
I was just thinking the same thing Gopher. I'll take the truck off your hands

FreshCuts
05-31-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys, I couldnt part with it. It took too long to get it. I spent over a year trying to buy that truck. Tried to buy a used one but ended up buying a new one. First new truck I ever owned.

ksland
05-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Is it just me or are those F150/Bronco wheels on that trailer. Pretty slick if it is, they look just like trailer wheels but have center caps and trim rings....thats cool.

FreshCuts
05-31-2004, 10:23 AM
Sharp eye ksland, The trailer has ford bolt pattern 3500lb axles, I had those rims on an old truck. I bought new rims for the truck and had these laying around and decided to put them on the trailer. I get a lot of comment on them like "nice rims for a trailer". But since I didnt have to pay for them why not?

soccerlawn
05-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Thats a sharp lookin truck.