PDA

View Full Version : pilgram's HPS

James Cormier
05-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey Bob, hows the lesco HPS working?

What are you carrying your machines around in?

Just thought I check in with you,

Pilgrims' Pride
05-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Jim,

HPS is doing fine.
I have it parked and I'm sprayin' gypsy moth, cankerworm and the other usual bad guys now. When its not raining that is. I spent most of the other day runnin from thunderstorms.

Seriously, the machine is running and holding up just fine. I'm still happy with it.
I have a little trailer that I pull it with.

I've been rethinking that though.
I have been working off my pick up but with so much happening at one time I'll probably switch back to driving the spray truck full time.
Its a diesel so it's cheaper just now even if it is a monster.
I've got 300 & 200 gallon sprayers on it as well as a ton of space for granular product.
I'm thinking I'll put a trailer hitch on that and go to town.
I'd like an enclosed unit but I'm undecided just now.
Any thoughts?

I do have some other info for you as well.
I'll dig it out tonight and pm You.
Hope all is well.

Take care

James Cormier
06-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Bob, And anyone else using the lesco HPS, How does it work being that the machine is rear wheel drive vs the pg being front wheel drive.

Does it pull better up hills, is there enough room to hop off and run behind it when you going up hills?

I dont like the cable instead of the rod that opens the spreader, have you been back to lawns you did rd1? How did they look?

Hope things are going good down there in pilgrim country

kickin sum grass
06-07-2004, 10:30 PM
we have one and it is great. It will climb any hill that you can hang on as long as it is not empty as it will pop a wheelie. Yes you can hop of and walk behind it. You can also stop going down hill without sliding. I love the hydro feature and very easy to put the deflector down and close 3rd hole on the fly. Over all I give it 2 thumbs up. We have used it a ton and no problems. We spread in transport speed and it has spread a perfect pattern so far.
If you don't need the spray feature it would be a wise purchase.