PDA

View Full Version : Tracer on Zones?

keno
05-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Just wondering , does anyone pull a #14 +/- along with their pipe on Zone line's.

There is always a tracer line along the mainline out to the valves. Obviously because of the valve wiring.

But were wondering if anyone continues with a tracer wire along all the zone lines as well. The benefit I see is if a customer may want to add landscape later on down the road. There would be no concern of hitting a sprinkler line.

Of course if he did he ht a zone the damage wouldn't be horrible, However I hate having to repair ML breaks as all the valves get contaminated

Ken

DGI
05-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Seems like a waste to me. I have a selection of blades and if that were the case I might just do the particular section of the job with a 14" and use the regular 10" later. Figuring out how the pipe goes when I install it isn't difficult even years later.

greenwayirrigation
05-26-2004, 08:04 AM
waste of time and money

DanaMac
05-26-2004, 08:31 AM
If anything, draw it out. But it is a waste of time and money to me. No different than when you buy your home, there is no drawing or way to find all the electrical wires or plumbing pipes in the walls when adding onto the home until you get into the job. Start the job and fix what you hit. Make allowances for that in your price.